Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

obpatj
Journeyman III

Having some issues

Greetings!

Im having trouble with games and having some random issues.  A game in question is Scum.  I have 2 identical computers but one  is being plagued by .pak crashes.  Ive been through numerous forums and have tried just about everything to fix the issue but nothing works.  The only reason Im  writting it here is because Ive also been having my computer just reboot for no reason.  I have scanned drivers for errors and havent seen any.  When I play other games I get a fatal errors but not with all games.  I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them but so far no luck.  The other machine runs just fine no issues at all so Im kind of out of ideas save doing a memory wipe of windows.

Talking with Scum devs they tell me that its difficult to find out what is causing the .pak errors and have us in a loop...play the game...get a .pak error...delete the .pak file that was in error..validate files...download the same .pak files that are causing problems...replay the game....get the same.pak files or more .....

GPU
AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
VRAM
12272 MB
GDDR6 2000 MHz

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Not sure what else would help here but THANK YOU to anyone with any ideas

0 Likes
0 Replies