cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

halo: combat evolved is now available

halo: combat evolved is now available

Steam Community :: Screenshot 

so much for an embedded screenshot,. while you are at it upvote me so it will be higher ranked this week etc

anyway get into Halo: MCC and select Combat Evolved and this will trigger the download

Like my Steam review says. Its Halo, what do want?

7 Replies

Is this the screen shot you tried to embed advertising Halo:

0 Likes

I wanted to preserve the link for the like button etc

some friends actually bought the game after i posted a bunch of screenshots

I preordered this game as soon as it was available

Halo 2 will be next eventually so screenshots now are feeding my review of the rematser of Halo: CE

0 Likes

Wow, that brings back some memories...Thankfully it's been available for free on abandonware sites for years. Also, sadly it takes an nVidia card to make the game look as good as it can with their ReShade filters, like with Halo Reach.

https://wccftech.com/halo-reach-looks-so-much-better-with-raytracing-injected-via-reshade/

0 Likes

I remember that Halo was the top game of the year when it first came out.

On the Big Bang Theory series, the guys would have Halo nights. 

0 Likes

I have 42 hours into Halo: MCC so far and that will increase before long.

0 Likes

Thinking back it was probably the best FPS with a great single player story since the epic N64 trio of Turok 2, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark, although it was a bit too easy, even on the hardest difficulty. Then on the multiplayer side, the Race mode was a bit unique, and always fun when you aimed ahead and pegged a trailing Warthog with a rocket. It was a bit more unpredictable and fun than the standard CTF and KotH modes of the day.

When I bought it I was actually using an XFX nVidia GeForce2 MX 400 GPU, which, uh, blew chunks. I remember when I got my Radeon 9600XT...Amazing how much more enjoyable a game is at 60FPS and not...10

0 Likes

I still have my original box and CD etc, game works with Windows 10, but the remastered version in Steam is excellent and worth it with the MCC package.

0 Likes