cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

GSkill DDR4 Trident Z 3200 memory not working

This is my first build so I took the time to research everything prior to purchasing. Computer is built and working great, all but the RAM not overclocking to 3200mhz

System:

ASUS Strix B350-F Gaming (BIOS updated)

ASUS Strix GTX1070ti

RYZEN 1600 (overclocked 3.875mhz). I used the ASUS AI Suite 3 program to stress test and overclock the memory

GSkill Trident DDR4 3200mhz RGB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

When I go into the BIOS, advanced, overclocking and select the only D.O.C.P setting for 3200 RAM the computer will attempt 3 reboots and then boot into BIOS safe mode. I have also tried setting things manually with the following.

3200mhz, voltage 1.35, manual timing settings 16/18/18/18/38. ohms set to 40.

Same result, has anyone been able to get this RAM to 3200 on this MB? It runs stable at 2666mhz. Or do I have the wrong RAM?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: GSkill DDR4 Trident Z 3200 memory not working

As those most likely use SK Hynix chips (G.Skill uses the same model number for kits using Samsung and Hynix chips), it is unsurprising it will not work at 3200mhz with Ryzen. It does not appear on the QVL list for that motherboard, and will likely not run at 3200mhz.

You can use AIDA64 to display the manufacturer.

According to Overclock.net, these can only be Samsung B-Die, which is what you want with Ryzen. There are others which aren't listed here, as they are community sourced.

0 Kudos

Re: GSkill DDR4 Trident Z 3200 memory not working

Try using this tool here

Ryzen DRAM Calculator (overclocking DRAM )

and start with values obtained from it - you still may need some tweaking to make it working at decent speed.

As your RAM is hynix you should aim for 2933.

0 Kudos