General Discussions

ohmerx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Freesync range not showing correctly in french

Hello ,

In french the freesync range of a display is not reported correctly :

kSK1r8d.jpg

I have find where the error come from and was abble to fix it , I Hope you will fix this issue in the next release :

It's an translation error in the  file "Cnext_fr_Fr.qm" located in

In 64 Bit - "C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation\fr_FR"

In 32 Bit - "C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CNext\Localisation\fr_FR"

I use "QT Linguist" to open it and change the wrong value located in the "%1 to %2" Strings from the "QObject" context :

The french translation with bug "1 % à 2 %" should be change for "%1 à %2"

XwW0uJm.jpg

Then with this fix, my freesync range is showing correctly now :

WFwTgEm.jpg

Thx For your works , and nice job with this new Crimson driver and other stuff like Vulkan , DX12 and all OpenSource related programs (it's why i will stay on the red team.)

PS : If you can help me with a little issue i have with GPU Perfstudio : the perstudio server won't hook any steam game. So if you know a fix for this thx to tell me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Freesync range not showing correctly in french

Please can you provide more information about your system specifications, so we can pass it onto engineering.

0 Kudos
ohmerx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Sure ,

Sapphire 290 - trixx

Intel i5-760

Windows 10 64bit (french language)

Monitor - Acer XG27HU

I have checked all language translation of crimson and it only occur in french, I have find another   post related to this issue : Crimson and false freesync range detected . so all french user have this bug since the crimson release it's look like french are not always complaining like we use to say (regading that this bug exist since the first crimson release and not so many french have reported it  )

Anyway it's just a little translation error and I hope my previous explanation about how to fix it is clear enough (and helped amd dev a little).

0 Kudos
ohmerx
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

One year since this issue and the simple fix was submitted , still not corrected in the driver , just a little ping.....

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies, this one slipped through the cracks. I'll pass the feedback onto engineering.

0 Kudos