cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

First computer I'm assembling - Will this build work?

So, I'm assembling a computer from scratch for the first time ever. I'd like a decent computer, just for some medium/moderate gaming (nothing too fancy, think League of Legends and some older games) and light video and image editing (photoshop).
I've asked around and I came up with:
1 -  "This CPU may not work with the motherboard"  - So I'd like to know your opinion
2 - "I does not need a CPU cooler if you're not overclocking"  - Is that so? Wont that reduce the cpu's durability?

Could you guys give me your opinion? Will this work well together?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

TypeItem
CPUAMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor
MotherboardGigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury Black 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury Black 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
StorageCorsair Force LS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
StorageWestern Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video CardAsus Radeon R7 360 2GB Video Card
Power SupplyCorsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-09 13:44 EST-0500
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Challenger
Challenger

Re: First computer I'm assembling - Will this build work?

Hello laurasuh,

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%20FX-6300.html , from that link, you can find the detail information about your processor, with 95W. So you must prepare a proper cooler for your processor, or it would burnt out easily, damaged permanently! Your processor is supported by the motherboard, and confirmed. I've checked the components you provided, I can make sure it could work, but cooler is needed once again!

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: First computer I'm assembling - Will this build work?

Ok thank you very much!!

0 Kudos