cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

julien69200
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: FirePro S7150x2 configuration issues on ESXi 6.5!!

Hello,

Same issu here. We have 3 VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 5969303 on dell R730 with 2 * 7150x2 on each.

No vsphere plugin : only script configuration.

Everything was working in vi 1.01. As Vib 1.05 is now in VMware Compatibulity matrix we upgrade to 1.05. After upgrade

./mxgpu-install.sh -a return:

No Virtual Functions detected. Ensure that GPU's that you want to virtualize are not in Passthrough mode.

Please reboot the system before running "sh mxgpu-install.sh -a"

Sure they are not in passthue. One remark is if card are previously configured with vib 1.01 the virtual function are still present and working. BUT if you use ./mxgpu-install.sh -c with new 1.05vib then the VF disapear.

I Will revert to old vib and give you the result.

0 Kudos
julien69200
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Switching to old Vib not resolve the issue. But we find solution :

We upgrade the build VMware ESXi, 6.5.0 to 6765664 and dell from bios 2.4.3 to 2.5.5 , and check bios setting after upgrade ... :o  bios was in "performace per watt" and SRIO-V was reverted to off .... After discuss with team someone remember that DELL recently change motheboard due to memory slot error on this server !!!

=> We think that this is the root cause !

Double check your SRIO-V settings

0 Kudos
simtekit
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

We have the same issue with the same Graphic Hardware. We have a Supermicro Board and 3 Firepro S7150. Is there a way fpr a solution?

0 Kudos
fsadough
Staff
Staff

Please PM your location and email address

0 Kudos
dafoe
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Still hammering away at this...  So, I received an email to use the new 1.05 VIB, still the same...  one question though... Anyone know where the SR-IOV BIOS policy settings are on a UCS system?

The Configuration still fails with NO virtual functions detected... 

CLI:

Guide: http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/setup-guide-mxgpu-setup-for-vmware.pdf

Host driver (amdgpuv-1.05-1OEM.600.0.0.2494585.x86_64-CL1424097:( https://amd.box.com/s/cjyzs9te0cuws939zxh5vt1zrbnd4q1g

Setup Script (mxgpu-setup-script-v1.5.zip:( https://amd.box.com/s/b4g9v88ncxu4rx2raas8abyyxikv9hih

0 Kudos
dafoe
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Consider this thread "Answered"!

Ok, so the BIOS setting for SR-IOV is NOT in the UCSM BIOS policy, as one would expect, but rather go at it manually, hit F2 during post to enter BIOS, enable SR-IOV there....

pastedImage_0.png

I now have VF's!  I also observed I needed two reboots for, in my case, all 15 VF's to be passed through from each slot...  after running the MXGPU script, 15 VF's on one slot, and 4 VF's on the other....  After 2nd reboot of host, now all 30 VF's are available...   Hope this helps!!

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos