Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

FirePro 2270 - Monitors 3 & 4 quit

Have a Dell Precision T1650 with (1) AMD FirePro 2270 running 4 DVI monitors.  One 2270 card with one high density plug split out to 4 DVI connectors. Monitors #3 & #4 have quit overnight after 4 years.  Literature says the 2270 can only run 2 monitors where this one is doing 4.  Any ideas how to get the 2 monitors back operating?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: FirePro 2270 - Monitors 3 & 4 quit

Found out this card has a high failure rate.  heat sink and board are bent.  When you see this on the forums you know what you have.  Just BAD equipment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

I suggest using 2 video cards to drive 4 panels might be a better option? consumer video cards with dual fans are generally fairly durable.

Is it possible to use another interface to your panels? such as displayport?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Pulled the PC out or the rack and found I do indeed have two "2270" video cards (very different though).  One has a fan on the card and is working fine.  The second "2270" card just has a heat sink, is warped and presumed dead.  I have found and ordered a supposed good used "2270" with a fan.  When it arrives and is installed I will reply with my results.  Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

that would explain the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Life is good again.  Found a used board, swapped them out and now have 4 monitors again.  Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

no worries, i am here to help anyone who needs it

0 Kudos