cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

FEATURES TIPS & TRICKS Enable Windows 10's Hidden "God Mode"

This is a very useful entry....easy to access and easy to create. Works perfectly on Win7 as well.

As noted by enthusiasts around the web, there is a simple way to access a hidden "God Mode" in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. With a name like that, your expectations might be a little high -- and no, Windows is not secretly invincible -- but the trick is awesome nevertheless.

"God Mode" simply provides users with a centralized Control Panel for all of Windows' settings, from changing your desktop background to setting up a VPN or partitioning your hard drive. In all, there are nearly 50 categories and most have several entries.

It's almost comical how simple it is to access it. Simply, create a new folder -- anywhere is fine, I created one on my desktop -- and rename that folder to:

God Mode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}.

Enable Windows 10's Hidden "God Mode" - TechSpot

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: FEATURES TIPS & TRICKS Enable Windows 10's Hidden "God Mode"

I'd say more like Demigod Mode, since it can't kill Windows 10 forced updates.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

It saves me from having to remember where/how to get to all these different settings....and what is Windows 10?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: FEATURES   TIPS & TRICKS Enable Windows 10's Hidden "God Mode"

It reminds me of the stuff Microsoft did for Windows 95

Windows 95 Tips and Tricks

I've never done the second one, but apparently it looks like this:

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: FEATURES   TIPS & TRICKS Enable Windows 10's Hidden "God Mode"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

That has been embedded into explorer.exe for a long time, the GUID keys are shortcuts to various modes that are used with debugging windows and applications etc

Quick access to components like themes makes it easier for designers to test components or to select new ones as desired

0 Kudos