cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

dxdiag problem about Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).

Help me guys, I don't know why i get this error after I downgrade from windows 10 to windows 8.1. After receiving this error, my gaming experience has been impacted because of fps drops.

I open dxdiag and find this line:

The file aticfx64,aticfx64,aticfx64,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64,atidxx64,atidxx64,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a,atitmm64 is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Help me to fix this guys.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: dxdiag problem about Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).

I will admit that this is all new to me, so I may not be providing an answer for you but here is some info on the subject that might help.

Graphic not digitally signed.

directx error..display driver..features not available ..win 7 64 - Microsoft Community

Please read this...

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thank you i appreciate it

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

AMD has not been bothering with WHQL lately, they instead have focused on shipping new drivers more quickly to fix problems

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

WHQL is just a certification program by microsoft, and it does not provide any additional quality over non-WHQL drivers. Just ignore that warning in dxDiag. It's basically a way for Microsoft to make more money from driver developers.

It seems like AMD gets its drivers signed every 2-3 months. As long as you got the driver directly from AMD, don't worry about that warning message on AMD or even NVidia for that matter. It's more important to have updated drivers often.

0 Kudos