Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

dual monitor won't work windows 7

Dear: All

dual monitor won't work windows 7 and i have 2 ATi card monitor and 3 monitors just 2 monitors work mirror and on not work and all the driver installed but in the device manager under monitors there 1 Generic PnP Monitor and under Display adapter AND FirePro v4900 and the standard VGA but the FirPro v5900 can't found.

Note: My pc HP compaq Z620 Workstation .

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: dual monitor won't work windows 7

Hi,

Am I correct in thinking that you have 2 x FirPro v5900?

What type of connection to the 3 monitors?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Solom, I've been running dual monitor on Win 7 Pro for years now and never had a problem with them being detected by the OS. They are extended not mirrored. Each connected by an independent DVI cable. They are older Acer  1680 X 1050.  Hope you get them figured out.  If so, you might like to check out a program called DisplayFusion [ DisplayFusion: Multiple Monitors Made Easy! • Binary Fortress Software ] which will allow you to run panoramic photos across them, which is something, unlike Win 8 and above, Win 7 won't do out of the box. And it just might help you configure them on your  system. It's basically free for general use -- unless you want the advanced features and then it's like $25 for a lifetime upgrade.

Device Manager.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

I did a little research on your system.  It has onboard graphics. The VGA connector on the motherboard.  When you insert a graphics card into the PCIE 16 slot, your motherboard detects it and turns off the onboard graphics.  So if you have a monitor connected to the motherboard VGA connector it will not work with a GPU in a slot . And only the two monitors connected to your GPU will work. Unless the third monitor, as the FirePro V5900 supports three monitors, is connected to the GPU via a connector on it as it has a Dual-Link DVI and two 1.2 Display Ports. If your motherboard has 2 PCIE X 16 slots, you can run a FirePro v5900 GPU in each slot. But the FirePro v5900 can't be run in SLI or AMD CrossfireX as there's no way to connect them with a bridge.

These links might help you:

A HP workstation and a problem with dual displays - Computer Brands

HP and Compaq Desktop Computers - Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer in Windows 7 | HP® Cu...

0 Kudos