Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

toro87
Journeyman III

Drivers Crashing

Hello.

Im the owner of an MSI GX60 laptop with AMD Radeon HD7970M graphic card.

Iv`e had alot of problems with my graphic drivers crashing lately and it`s starting to get on my nerves. I installed DDU to remove old drivers so i could re-install new ones. Iv`e used AMD`s auto detect driver program to find the one i should be running with. It`s Currently telling me to install AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-Win10-64bit and i have several times, but that wont stop the driver from crashing. Iv`e installed the driver three times today and it just wont stick. I have tryed to install the latest crimson driver but i get an error message saying that i should stick with my current driver. Does anyone know how i can prevent my driver from keep on crashing ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Drivers Crashing

Catalyst 15.7.1 is a fairly old driver. Try the troubleshooting steps listed i the linked document, that may solve your display driver crashing issues. Update to our latest Crimson drivers.

0 Kudos
toro87
Journeyman III

I have tryed the latest crimson driver. I just get an error message saying that my graphic card is not comparrable with that driver. When i use the AMD Auto detect tool i get catalyst 15.7.1 as recommended driver. It still keep crashing though. And im running directX 12. Dont know if that matters

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

What APU are you using?

0 Kudos
toro87
Journeyman III

If i understand you correctly then its : AMD A10 4600M with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.3 Ghz

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks. You'll need Crimson 16.2.1 available here.

0 Kudos
toro87
Journeyman III

I cant install Crimson 16.2.1. I get a message that says that my graphic card is not compatible with the driver and it reccomends me to keep using my current driver wich is catalyst driver.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

You'll need to keep using that driver then.