Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Driver files disappears after each restart

Jump to solution

HI ,

I recently got a dell inspiron 5000 series laptop with  Radeon R 5m335 switchable graphics card with latest windows 10 update.
after updating to latest driver version my driver files keeps getting missing ,i have done a clean install and yet there is no difference to be found

error.png

this is the message am getting after a restart .
pleases help me to fix this issue

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Driver files disappears after each restart

Jump to solution

Fairly simple, win10 (home vers) controls your updates, you can read Tuts on tenforums.com to over ride device driver/auto updates.

It may be that Win10(MS) has deemed only your current drivers are compatible with creators update/sys.specs.(MS did post a blog/warning).

If those options fail then start a new thread in Drivers & Software

Make sure to include  INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

The "General Discussions" section of this forum is not for troubleshooting issues.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same. AMD Radeon HD 8570M here. I have been getting this error with every new driver since 17.4.4

The 17.4.3 was the last one working for me. When I open the Device Manager it says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Fairly simple, win10 (home vers) controls your updates, you can read Tuts on tenforums.com to over ride device driver/auto updates.

It may be that Win10(MS) has deemed only your current drivers are compatible with creators update/sys.specs.(MS did post a blog/warning).

If those options fail then start a new thread in Drivers & Software

Make sure to include  INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

The "General Discussions" section of this forum is not for troubleshooting issues.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb,

View solution in original post