cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

stich55
Journeyman III

Doom Eternal 20.4.1 driver for HDR still not working?

Jump to solution

Just cleared out and installed new driver which states to fix this problem among others. This still does not work. Amd and Bethesda message still prompts on load up screen that it's not "HDR" capable? Can attempt to overide and check the HDR box in the game under the video screen, but then locks up the entire computer. It does recover after waiting around 10 minutes and HDR defaults back to "Off"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fyrel
Miniboss

Re: Doom Eternal 20.4.1 driver for HDR still not working?

Jump to solution

From the latest Doom patch notes

Removed AMD HDR warning message on startup (AMD has since fixed the issue with their current release drivers)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies
yendys
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hello,
HDR has been broken for me for months and all games and videos on YouTube ... Gray and colorless. Maybe he'll never fix it again, month after month, but now I'm looking for the 2070S.

Ok, what I advise you is to report an error and fill in the error form. Please, everybody do it.

0 Likes
ecgonza
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have Win10 with latest updates, ryzen 2600x, Vega 64, 16gb ram, LG 34" ultra wide non-hdr screen, asrock ab350 gaming-itx/ac board using 20.4.1 drivers and I am getting this error with doom eternal.  Is there a work around?

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

Jump to solution

Uninstall your driver an install this one. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-9-1 

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Doom Eternal runs in Vulkan. A version of Vulkan only supported in the last couple of AMD drivers. So NO A DRIVER FROM 2017 will not run Doom Eternal. 

pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

In fact HDR support wasn't even added to Windows 10 until version 1803. So your suggest driver even pre-dates the OS supporting it. So no the driver suggested will not help the OP. 

ecgonza
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

17.9.1 drivers don't work.  Re-installed 20.4.1 - still same "AMD graphics drivers do not currently support HDR....."

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

From all accounts Windows 10 support implementation for HDR is just really bad. Not passing the buck from AMD to Microsoft but the DRM built into it and the way MS is forcing the drivers to have Windows change most settings I think is proving to be challenging for just about every company. I was able to get HDR working on my green team card, but even it wasn't straight forward. I was only able to get the setting I wanted utilizing their studio vs gameready driver. 

Something I did and I have no idea if it would be the same on AMD but I did get more options using the DP to HDMI adapter than I did with the straight HDMI to HDMI. I don't want to spend you money for you on something though that I have no idea will help. 

Maybe someone with more experience will have an idea. 

Also are you connection to a TV or Monitor that supports HDR. 

TV's can be very particular on the settings. My Samsung I had to change a setting that I would have never even guessed affects HDR by the way it was saved. 

Regardless google you model display and HDR and Windows. There may be a video, like I found for mine that helped a bunch. 

If not contact support for your display as well as AMD support and hopefully they can help. 

Oh I should mention that HDR is also extremely picky on the quality of your HDMI and version cable.

This is the one I use and I believe is still one of the very best cables out there.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1BNM7K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

pokester wrote:

In fact HDR support wasn't even added to Windows 10 until version 1803. So your suggest driver even pre-dates the OS supporting it. So no the driver suggested will not help the OP. 

actually HDR was added to version 1809, the one that cause all the missing files for upgrades

I installed that version chean and it was not a problem

My LG panel supports the windows 10 HDR as seen in the settings, it was a feature when I was shopping that I noted along with support for the AMD freesync etc

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Jump to solution

ecgonza wrote:

17.9.1 drivers don't work.  Re-installed 20.4.1 - still same "AMD graphics drivers do not currently support HDR....."

I am using 20.4.1 and HDR works on my rig.

Probably a good idea to try DDU and see if that can clean up enough for a fresh install of 20.4.1

0 Likes