cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

greattahitian
Adept I
Adept I

Does anyone else really like these new forums?

besides me? Like wow. the old forums looked like death. these new forums feel connected, alive, with a point system and endorsements. excellent. Finally, AMD awakens! DOWN WITH THE NVIDIAN BOURGEOSIE!

17 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: Does anyone else really like these new forums?

I'm getting somewhat used to them.

The biggest problem at this point is that something like 90% of the posts are going to the root support forum, and are thus not properly categorized.

They should disable posting there, and make sure a category is selected first.

ucouldbrong
Adept III
Adept III

Nope.

totpeedoff
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

NO!. I can not find the real  Linux area anymore. These forums are just full of irrelevant trash.

Search has been useless.

I have to deal with many different support places and I do not have the time to wade through touchy feely rubbish and sad desperate people seeking for a "community". Soz, I don't care, who or what you are, just whether you know something about solving my problems and whether I can assist with solving your problem. .

The old forum was good as it had what I needed.

Linux boot camp just implies a pile of impotent steroid dumb rock jocks that know SFA.

If this forum is what AMD thinks of it customers, it is the last AMD branded hardware I'm buiny or recommending.

Edit; the lack of forum navigation links is a practical example of how bad this forum is.

Also, that the sign up stuff doesn't come from AMD itself and all our details are obviously being sold off to some thirty party.

0 Kudos
polorosa97
Adept I
Adept I

They look cool. I just posted something. Time to see how much support I'm going to get xD

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

""The biggest problem at this point is that something like 90% of the posts are going to the root support forum, and are thus not properly categorized.

They should disable posting there, and make sure a category is selected first.""

Exactly right. That's why we have to see the same questions over and over and over. There are no Posting rules or requirements, except for no naughty words of course. There is no central FAQ section to give the answers to 75% of the questions that are posted over and over and over again. I know that some posters want you to read it to them, but there still are people who will check to see if their question has been answered. I guess they have their reasons

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Agreed, and there's no clear subforums for legacy products (Extended Support is not clear enough), and a dedicated Windows 10 section, so we get several threads a day about the same thing...I just quit even looking at threads with "Windows 10" in the description because 99% of the time it's going to already be covered by the discussion Ray linked about what is and is not capable.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

...and there most definitely needs to be a laptop forum.

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

It doesn't have to be any more complicated than this:

Please read before posting

FAQ

Windows 10 forum

Games and Applications forum

Desktop graphics (HD5000 series and newer) forum

Desktop Legacy graphics (HD4000 series and older) forum

Laptop and Mobility graphics forum

Crossfire and dual graphics forum

Eyefinity and display forum

AMD processor forum

AMD APU forum

AMD FirePro forum

Linux forum

AMD Promotions forum

The Lounge - a discussion forum

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

Getting worse everyday. All the answers to these repetitive questions are there, but no way for these posters to access them. You don't really believe these  posters will use the search feature, do you?

0 Kudos