cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Display turns off automatically while PC is on! Driver conflict in Ryzen setup!

Till now no clue. Problem remains same after this new bios flush. Created a USB stick with memtest86 but for some weird reason it is not working in uefi. What is happening is when I am selecting uefi partition of this pen-drive - the memtest starts loading and detecting my cpu, its cache, speed etc then ram, ram spd info and just when it starts to collect its configuration the system restarts on its own and mobo ram error led blinks for a second. Every time it is happening.

So I selected the non-uefi partition of this same pen drive (it creates two uefi partition and one non-uefi partition) and it started to check my ram. till now no error observed.

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Display turns off automatically while PC is on! Driver conflict in Ryzen setup!

Yesterday I have tested my RAM with memtest86. Since I have two sticks I have run this test for one at a time on average 4 hour and after runiingh this test individually for both rams (4hrs+4Hrs) again I have tested it for almost 6hours with both the sticks installed and DOCP profile default (3200 and default timing as specified by G.Skill) eanbled. No issues found not a single one. Also tested with RAM Map. here is my screenshots,

Both Stick Ram.jpgRAM Map.jpg

Till now I am facing the same problem. Some times it takes few minutes to trigger and some times it takes 30 mins or something.

Today morning I have a new Idea. I have seen some articles after release of GTX970 and it's 3.5+.5GB VRAM issue. So i thought it might be a case if my Ryzen system trying to access normally the 0.5 GB partitioned vram and triggering some issue. Don't know though because I am just an average pc user with little knowledge. Since I am lucky enough because one of my friend has a R9-290 card so I uninstalled my GTX 970 and installed R9-290. Definitely I have gone through proper driver cleaning by DDU and then installed R9-290 with latest AMD driver. Now lets see....and hope for the best before

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

did you empty the standby. its completley full of cached , so your memory manager is only unloading what it needs to run by dumping writes back to the drive. which is very slow. slow for a pc that is. this if its filling up 16 gigs that fast what are you running that has a memory leak like that.? i will tell you malewarebytes doing a scan fills it in a minute and dosent unload. kinda bugged but.. something is loading up your ram cache/stanby rapidly. do you have room on your hard drive for the dumps or is it full?

open up task manager, then open resource monitor and look how many handles you have running....!

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Wow Guys I think I have fixed it. OMG I am so exited. And I think I have found the issue. It is the GTX970 and it's partitioned RAM. Today I have not gone to office just to fix it because I simply can't bear it anymore as I am so frustrated.

Requesting AMD to please fix your platform so that I can use my GPU because right now I can't afford GTX1070 or something and I don't want to throw my GTX970 away just because of this reason.

And I was googling with this combination and found one article,

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3387433/ryzen-gtx-970-working.html

If I have seen it before I don't have to waste my energy for this prolonged troubleshooting and sleepless night.

But I need a fix for all cost. Thank you very much specially to rebelyell for keeping in touch for all the time for my issue. This is the only forum I have received regular reply. Requesting you again please where I can post my issue so that this problem can be fixed.

Thanks man thanks a lot.

Hope this problem never happens with any one whose knowledge level is even poor than me!!!!!

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

are you running speech recognition ??? i mean it could be a milllion different things causing it.

Speech Recognition (sapisvr.exe) Handles Leak - Microsoft Community

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

pastedImage_0.png

Emptied the standby. Is there anything wrong right now?

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

download this from microsoft and see where the leak is...

Handle - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

how fast is the standby filling back up?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

do you have the asus suite installed?

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

No not installed right now. Memory I have to check. But after installation of R9 290 my system stability has dramatically improved. Not a single time seen ram issue. Or display off. But its a dam power hungry card.

0 Kudos