cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Display turns off automatically while PC is on! Driver conflict in Ryzen setup!

Hi Yuri,

Not sure if I can help here - there's also a lot of info and seemed TL;DR after your original post. In your original post you said you ruled out hardware, but I wouldn't be too sure about it. You mentioned "OC" - what happens when you reset your BIOS and go with defaults - have you at least tested it without OC'ing or touching the BIOS?

Secondly, those errors you mentioned from event log indicate that you may be blocking certain updates - why is that? Let Windows update the first time and keep it updated. Also make sure you've updated drivers for you GPU (from the manufacturers site). I'm not sure how your system was running prior to any changes you made; bring it back to it's original state and try to solve the problem through the process of elimination. Make one change at a time before using powershell etc and disabling stuff at random without knowing why - keep it simple.

That Asus "Stress" test doesn't indicate anything. All it says is that your system is running within the limits of what that program can report/deemed stable without triggering other lingering issues.

1. Reset BIOS - make sure that's stable first
  2. Fully update your system right after step #1
  3. Before making any OC changes, make sure step 2 is done.

Other than what I've mentioned here, there's nothing more I add at this time.

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Display turns off automatically while PC is on! Driver conflict in Ryzen setup!

Thanks for reading the post. Yes do I agree with you. I have tested my system with and with out OC, Windows 10 v1607 fully updated, Windows 10 v1703 (founders update fully updated. Why I am telling this: Because when I observed this issue for first time it was Windows 10 v1607 (updated) and when I found nothing can be done to eliminate it, I just fresh installed new clean ISO of Windows 10 v1703. That day after clean installation it ran for almost 6-7hrs with out any issue. During that time I have completed installing all updated drivers and antivirus and then started to update windows 10. Since my net is a bit slow sometimes it took almost 3 hours to update my antivirus and windows 10 1703 till date. Here is the copy of installed updates,

1_windows update list.PNG

At night may be 12.30am the entire update is over and the pc restarted several times just to install those updates and it was fine like a new pc.

Next day morning I woke up and started my PC and the windows clean boot happened. Great!

Just in less than 3-5min DISPLAY OFF for the first time after installation of windows. Till this time Bios was clean without a mess. The above mentioned entire problem I have written after this event.

Yes this might be a hardware problem and I am not a hardware expert or a Windows expert to claim its a windows update issue.

Today morning (24-07-17) I have formatted my windows 10 again with founders update and stopped windows to download any further update from net. then activated windows. It worked fine for 1.5 hrs. Today after noon I have installed all drivers (LATEST) till now I kept windows update turned off. No problem for a 2.5 hrs run.

I have not applied any OC yet. But just to confirm you, When this problem is happening it happens with or with out OC in CPU, no matter ram sticks are in which DIMM slots, GPU in which PCIe slot, 2 different Nvidia drivers I have tested with, with or without network connection.

I have tried with every possible combination I can afford but the pattern of occurrence does not improve or deteriorate. It seems random but only happens when I am inside windows and that is for sure.

I will update again soon.

Do you have any suggestion or need any clarity on this please keep posted.

Thanks for reading. Any help will be much appreciated because i am hopeless and if it goes like this I have to switch my Mobo and CPU. Thanks again for your valuable inputs. I will keep testing.

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Ok. Thanks whiskey-foxtrot to bring hardware issue into notice. After fresh install windows and drivers again I was checking ram because I have heard that ram incompatibility may also trigger this issue. Today when the pc was working suddenly it happened again but this time RAM amber led is blinking. Restarted pc and checked it's default docp profile seems ok as it exactly as specified by G.Skill 3200mhz and the latency values as well so just exited from bios without changing anything. So restarted the pc and again normal witin 5 min the problem happened again exactly same what happened earlier. Now I checked asus new QVL list for compatibility with this motherboard and what a SHOCK....The G.Skill's AMD Ryzen Compatible FlareX 2x8GB F4-3200C14D- 16GFX memory is not in asus latest qvl list. Wow I simply can't imagine how a company like Asus have missed it. Immediately contacted asus for the same and they told me just now that it will eventually be updated in qvl. Now I am in great problem.

Is there any tips so that I can just run pc until new bios with proper ram support gets available? How I can make it run until then? What is your suggestion?

Besides I have checked these ram stick with windows memory diagnostic tool after restarting my pc and it has shown no problem.

Ok sorry for this it was my fault afterall. Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Found Memtest86 and I will post the result once it is complete.

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Thanks again rebelyell.

Ok this is how I can stop rpc service, please correct me if I am wrong,

Windows+R > services.msc > search for "RpcSs" service > disable it.

Is it right? And yep I am definitely not running server or pc in network.

Besides just to add, today I found this motherboard has individual Ryzen CPU based BIOS of same version 0805 and here is my processor,

pastedImage_1.png

Does every bios version is different for different Ryzen CPU? becs I was using this same version of bios which is listed in the drivers and tools section of this motherboard and it is not CPU specific just one file. I think I can try this new one but seems same. Don't know though. Pls suggest. thanks

Did you just deleted your reply?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

actually the RpcSs needs to stay enabled looks like a deeper issue..

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

if you have the rog strix b350-f gaming motherboard and have not flashed the bios . you should flash the bios yes. if your running an old bios this will fix alot of issues.

make sure your uefi bios settings are on optimzed defaults before you flash. or you will have problems. no overclocks or anything just default then flash. with a usb fat32 formatted usb . read the manual for correct way to flash bios.

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

Ok, Not changing any service status.

0 Kudos
worldofanirban
Adept II
Adept II

I have flashed my BIOS just after I installed every component in my new Ryzen system without even booting to Windows for the first time. Flashed to Version 0805 AGESA 1.0.0.6a. I have downloaded it from asus common driver & tools section.

But right now I have found Asus has a cpu list and for every single supported CPU they have this same version of BIOS associated with them. So I am just thinking is it may be a bit different as it is CPU specific.

I have not able to carry out memtest so I will update my results. My be the ram is not fully working.

By bios is in default state and I will again flash it with this cpu specific bios and will update again. thanks

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

i have seen reviews of a few bad Flare sticks but not many. and they are best sticks for ryzen.. i need to look at the asus site i havent seen this new update on there site . i usually check every few days im doing that now..

you could try this to unload modifed ram memory. basically modified means dirty or errors in memory.RAMMap

0 Kudos