Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

fast777
Journeyman III

day trading

hello users of amd cards  ,

i come here because i sent an enquiry to the sales services but did not get an answer  , but maybe my question seemed too novice

i want to buy a graphic card for day trading

i would like an AMD as the latest cards offer the best computing power for price compared to nvidia from what i have researched  , especially in the PRO line

i ve searched the internet , forums , etc : there is very little updated and thorough information on graphic cards for daytrading

if anyone is knowledgeable and kind enough to answer it would be terrific .

when i day trade i use 4 monitors

i use 1 application and open about 8 charts which i manage to fit on my 4 screens ( 24 inch each , full HD )

each chart has about 10 indicators each .

you can consider an indicator as a formula , taking into account a certain  amount of past data for its computation , then the result is displayed on the screen as a line or a plot .

as time passes and as  market price change ( fraction of a second  increments  , like  1/10th of a second if i adjust the settings on my indicators which i can restrict their updating to a certain time lapse ) ,

the indicator is re- computed and it’s plotting is adjusted forward . the « past «  plots are just translated on the left of the time axis display , only the new plotting needs computation.

it s not like each 1/10 th of a second the image needs to be totally recomputed because  the old plotting is just moved to the left  ( so the display of the old data is moved left ) but  only new incomming data needs computation for plotting on the current timeline .

it is my belief that the cards doen’t have to be a beast in terms of rendering textures , polygons , shading , etc , ( the chart uses maybe 30 to 50 distinct colors )

but the card has to be fast and acurate , and stable , for the flow of real time data and computation

here is my configuration  :

non EEC motherboard ( ASUS P6X58D-E )

24 GB DDR3

quad-core i7 930

W7 64 bits Ultimate

1200W  silent pro gold  Cooler Master

having said all that , i am considering these products :

WX 8200

RADEON PRO DUO

VEGA FRONTIER

VEGA 64

i see WX8200 uses EEC memory which is better for reliability , but i am wondering if it is compatible with my non EEC motherboard  , and if it has any benefit beeing an EEC GPU considering the rest of the system is not .

regarding memory quantity and computing units i have a question :

for example , if i get the WX8200 :

is the computing power and the 8GB always divided equally and dedicated to each of the 4 screens no matter what ? ( eg only 2GB RAM per screen if 4 screens are in use and 25% of computing units per screen )

or could 6GB and 75 % of computing units be used for 1 screen if this one needs it at one point in time while the others dont ( because nothing would really be going on with the incoming data flow  of the charts they are displaying at that time ) ?

second question related :

on the paper the RADEON PRO DUO looks great : 32 GB of RAM ( but slower memory interface than WX8200) which makes me think , as a novice , wow , that is 8GB of ram per screen . but maybe i get it all wrong ....

plus it has  the dual gpu :  is it good or not ? as use only 1 application .

the AMD VEGA FRONTIER : it's hard to understand where it fits in the product line vs the RX VEGA 64 or the WX line

is it a RX VEGA with 16 GB or is it  more than that ?

it seems to me the crypto guys are very hot about that one .

finally , if , later , i would buy a second card for more screens , will i be able to mix and match all of these ones ?

WX 8200

RADEON PRO DUO

VEGA FRONTIER

RX VEGA 64

or will i be able to put ,for example , 2 WX8200 or 2 FRONTIER IN MY PC ? ( if my mother boards accepts it if course )

or should i buy a WX9100 instead which can have 6 displays ?

thankyou for your answer and your time

best regards

alexandre cahen

0 Likes
0 Replies