cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

xp64lover
Journeyman III

Custom Support: Ryzen / EPYC Chipset Drivers for Windows XP x64 / Server 2003 x64?

I only want helpful answers please. I don't need people telling me to 'Upgrade' my OS.  (Who do I have to speak with, who do I pay to make this happen?) I am a developer and IT manager and I am looking to upgrade my hardware only. Windows XP x64 and Server 2003 x64 are still quite modern even today. I am willing to pay a premium to make this happen; on top of buying the actual hardware. If someone can point me to a proper department to discuss this; that would be great. I am a huge AMD fan and want to embrace and promote AMD in anyway I can. I'll offer free advertising if need be as well; for instance I could test the Ryzen / EPYC CPU's on the NT 5.2 based Platforms an review it's performance ect. Thank you for your time.

System Specs: (New System)

Dual CPU: AMD EPYC™ 7000-Series Processor (Planned Part)

MB: Supermicro MBD-H11DSi-O (Planned Part)

GPU: MSI GAMING R9 290X OC (Own Currently)

PSU: EVGA 850W Gold (Own Currently)

RAM: Kingston 16x8GB = 128 GB DDR4 (Planned Part)

Screen: Samsung 1080p Monitor (Own Currently)

Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition -Volume License (Own Currently)

Storage: Kingston SSDNow400 120GB, 3x Seagate 8TB HDD Archive = 24TB.

Case: Full Tower Case with E-ATX support. (Planned Part)

Optical Drive: SATA3 LG blue-ray Burner / Player

Current System Specs:

CPU: AMD 8 core FX8350 4.9GHz OC

GPU: MSI GAMING R9 290X OC

RAM: Gskill Sniper Series 2133 Mhz 4x8GB = 32GB

MB:MSI 990FXA-GAMING AM3+

PSU: EVGA 850W Gold

Screen: Samsung 1080p Monitor

Operating System: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition -Volume License

Storage: Kingston SSDNow400 120GB, 3x Seagate 8TB HDD Archive = 24TB

Case: Rosewill Wolfaolly ATX Mid Tower

Optical Drive: SATA3 LG blue-ray Burner / Player

0 Kudos
3 Replies
smg
Journeyman III

Re: Custom Support: Ryzen / EPYC Chipset Drivers for Windows XP x64 / Server 2003 x64?

How much are you willing to pay for this? At least $1,000,000? Driver Development is not cheap. If you had that kind of money you would not be on a forum.

XP/2003 x64 is not modern by today's standards, they are both End of Life by Microsoft a long time ago.

You're best bet is getting your Software updated to work with a modern operating system.

Otherwise look at using virtualization to run an old OS on modern hardware. I don't recommend it, but it's possible.

0 Kudos
xp64lover
Journeyman III

Re: Custom Support: Ryzen / EPYC Chipset Drivers for Windows XP x64 / Server 2003 x64?

Like I said, I am willing to pay whatever it takes. I asked where to go to achieve this; Who I would need to contact specifically. I am already very aware about Microsoft's lack of certain support. You stating that XP x64 and Server2003 x64 is not modern by today's standards, is a matter of opinion and not fact. Windows XP Professional x64 Edition uses many modern technologies that Windows 7 on up still use today. I would know this because I have tested this. Most of what has been said is not even completely relevant to my exact question anyway. It would be most helpful to have someone actually answer my question in the first place.

hotrith
Miniboss

I really hope that you know what you going to ask on AMD. Just be prepared for month fee.

Here is the contacts

support amd.jpg

We cant help you here on Forum.

0 Kudos