cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

CorelDraw 2017 with AMD latest driver 17.12.2 - copy (ctrl+c) simple object is very slow.

Jump to solution

Hi, I've been update AMD driver to the latest one.

But I have some issues on CorelDraw 2017, like opening document very slow and this is important things, copying very simple object takes 7-8 seconds (usually get instant), very annoying.
I'm trying to install AMD "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" driver version and no luck (ver. 17.40.xx). And trying to remove AMD driver, it works normal, I can get fast copy from CorelDraw, but can't play any games (due I unintalling the driver, lol). So, I can assume, this is kind of bug from the driver.
I'm using Ryzen 5 1600 and R7 260X.
Any idea?
Or can I prevent AMD driver to accessing CorelDraw?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: CorelDraw 2017 with AMD latest driver 17.12.2 - copy (ctrl+c) simple object is very slow.

Jump to solution

I just have my own solution.

Just downgrade driver to version 17.7.2 and work like a charm!
So yes, latest driver just bring me bug on CorelDraw.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: CorelDraw 2017 with AMD latest driver 17.12.2 - copy (ctrl+c) simple object is very slow.

Jump to solution

I just have my own solution.

Just downgrade driver to version 17.7.2 and work like a charm!
So yes, latest driver just bring me bug on CorelDraw.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/7s69fs/corel_problem_with_new_amd_drivers_i_have_to_use/

I'm trying to solve this... I want the NEW drivers because it increased my overall performance but just CAN'T because I have to WORK with CorelDRAW.... so, IDK what AMD + Corel have been doing... but It just CAN'T stay like this!!!! We need this problem solved. I posted this link because there's a video showing the problem. And some stuff I'm trying with the help of community.

Could someone from AMD take a look at this? I didn't start a new topic because there are some already... but WE NEED A SOLUTION !!!!! PLEASE!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Another user with exactly the same issue as you reported that the issue was caused by a bad Windows 10 Fall Creators Update installed.

To fix it he rolled back the FCU and then reinstalled the update again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks. But I think it's not my case. I've installed Windows 10 with FC embedded... So I think I won't be able to uninstall/install again... it was a clean Windows installation... I think it's something related to Microsoft + Corel + AMD... but none of them seems to be interested in solving the problem... that's the saddest part!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

It seems this is still an issue. Just stupidly updated to the latest drivers on my production workstation, and Corel slows to a crawl. You would think that a machine with an SSD, 10gb of sys ram, 4gb of vid ram, and an i5 could do basic things like copy and paste... Its not the newest system, but man.

Worst part is that yeah, Corel says nothing. No updates from MS to fix. No mention of it in the bug lists in the AMD updates either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yep, still waiting for a solution  But it seems that AMD, Corel and Microsoft don't care about that. I had to update it because older drivers cause strange stutters in my PC. So now I'm obligated to use a VM with Windows 7 and CorelDraw 2017. Works perfectly but it's a PITA.

If you don't wanna do that, You'll have to uninstall your new drivers using DDU and make a clean install of 17 again....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I am escalating this issue.

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thank you Ray. God bless you. Hope you help us....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thank You so much for sharing your solution, that was making me crazy!

0 Kudos