cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Kanoun
Adept I

Consequences of delaying FFXSR launch.

Radeon rx 6900 xt has fallen back a lot against Geforce rtx 3090 especially at 4k resolution, and that's due to the delay to launching FidelityFX Super Resolution, while on other side rtx 3090 has DLSS which made really difference and advantage for Geforce, that's why there are many people went to rtx 3090 despite its expensive price.

0 Likes
7 Replies

Do you ever plan to buy a RX6900xt, or you just a troll ?

Not one post have you mentioned your system specs.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I and many others I know we were to plan buy a whole AMD system, but due to that massive delay to launch that implementation we postponed or maybe cancel our plan.

not just a "troll" as you said..you have to accept the other opinion in the general discussion.

0 Likes

I and many others I know we were to plan buy a whole AMD system, but due to that massive delay to launch that implementation we postponed or maybe cancel our plan.

And the fact that even if you are lucky enough to find somewhere that has stock., the fact that most places (even Retail) have +25% (or greater) Premiums on Hardware that even the MSRP is frankly above the "Good Value" point... meaning it isn't an upgrade in the sense of better performance for better value., but instead is merely more performance for more cost.

And that's true for both NVIDIA and AMD right now... meaning these products just aren't worth it, even if you could get them.

Still to then say "Oh you don't have this one feature... so I'm either postponing / cancelling my plans for AMD"., well that's just a hollow threat. As well (a) you can't realistically get such and (b) AMD has the best Gaming Processors right now; so you don't really have a choice, assuming you can get a hold of the CPU / Motherboard (both of which are in short supply and high premiums).

0 Likes

Hi leyvin "Miniboss",

So you said "well that's just a hollow threat" that's kinds of thinking and speech nearly led the company to bankruptcy in the past..but thanks to Lisa Su saved the company from these kinds of thinking.

0 Likes

So you said "well that's just a hollow threat" that's kinds of thinking and speech nearly led the company to bankruptcy in the past..but thanks to Lisa Su saved the company from these kinds of thinking.

Erm... No.
AMD's turn around has only been in the past 5-6 years., almost exclusively due to the Zen Architecture.
Yes, perhaps Lisa Su can be credited with keeping AMD Solvent long enough for Zen to release... and the ONLY reason that Radeon is now seeing the same "Love" and advancements is because Zen did well enough for RTG to FINALLY see some increase in their budget.

Even then., the Architectures that proceeded Bulldozer (K15) and Graphics Core Next (GCN); had AMD invested in a new Node sooner (rather than sticking to 32 / 28nm) and had they heavily pushed OpenCL, such-as creating an entire Floating-Point Acceleration Library to replace the SSE one that was in common usage (and that Intel had A LOT of Control / Influence over); same goes for heavily leaning on Microsoft for DirectX 11.3 / 12.0.

I mean you look at the performance difference using OpenCL for FP Operations for Bulldozer and DirectX 12 for Radeon GCN has... it's like night-and-day, and if THOSE were things consumers had seen in 2011 - 2016; well AMD wouldn't have just "Keep Pace" with Intel / NVIDIA., they would've been regularly beating them in terms of Performance. 

Their APUs wouldn't be "OK" but instead would've forced their Competitors to design all new Architecture., much like what has happened now; but this wouldn't have been in 2019... it would've been in 2012 / 2013. 
It was Lisa Su who essentially shelved A LOT of that. 

It wasn't thinking of "Oh people will buy AMD anyway..." that nearly bankrupt them., actually it was more because there were people (like myself) who exclusively bought AMD, DESPITE them being clearly worse in the existing Ecosystem that kept them on Life Support as long as they were.
And how were repaid for doing this, with essentially Modern AMD basically giving us the finger because they want to be just like Intel / NVIDIA when it comes to their Modern Business Practises.

AMD looks less and less like AMD the longer Lisa Su is remaining in Control. 
Sure, it's bringing in the Profits nowadays... but how much of that is due to the Decisions from Management and not the fact that the Hardware Engineers are capable of designing excellent Architectures (cough:PhenomII/AthlonFX/Opteron:cough) that just so happen to also be in the current Software Ecosystem Trends; well I'd say the latter is true.

What we have today is no longer AMD... and I miss them. 

0 Likes

I do respect the details that you listed, but this is very clear proof that Lisa Su  is the true genius leader and savior from bankruptcy to development and superiority.

0 Likes

AMD hasn't lost a single sale to the lack of a direct DLSS competitor (despite having one in the form of just running at a lower resolution).  They're selling every piece of silicon they make.

When FSR does come out, the only real difference it will make is that people will stop fawning over DLSS en masse.

0 Likes