cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

LeyvinBeta
Adept I

Can't access my original account (forum issue)

So, when the forums changed from Jive to Khoros for some reason my password stopped working.
This wouldn't be an issue but whenever I try the "Reset my Password" ... it comes up with the notice that an e-mail has been sent and that the link will be active for 30min.

This is all well and good, but no e-mail is ever received.

As such, I'm entirely locked out of my original account.
Now to make matters worse... there is NO WAY to actually contact Support for the Forum.

Originally after a week of trying to get back into my account., I contacted Technical Support; who after 2 weeks finally responded with "We are forwarding your issue to the relevant team, and they will contact you about your problem."

Well, that was back on the 7th December 2020. 

I waited, and waited... and a few days ago I received a new mail saying that I'd never responded so the issue was now closed and if it wasn't resolved to make a new support ticket.

A month and a half, to essentially get one guy basically say "It's not my dept." and then NOTHING until they just close the issue. 

As you can probably understand, to put it diplomatically I'm somewhat annoyed by this. 
If the account was just something that I'd use to get support from time-to-time with then I'd be fine simply creating a new account (which I've done) just to access the forums again.

The issue however is that it's an account from when the Forum was first created.
It has full Whitelist Access to the Developer Forums.
It has a plethora of Threads and Private Messages that even with the "redesigned" forum are almost impossible to find again because the concept of a "Search" Button is alien to 99% of the Forum Users. 

And from a more personal stance., there is a level of trust and prestige to said account given it was one of the top rated... it would (had I not lost access) still be on that initial list of "Top Users" you see on the Forum Homepage, meaning that even new users could see that Advice / Help / etc. from said Account was something that could be trusted.
In essence it acts like a "Branding" (good or bad) for said account, which takes considerable time to rebuild.

So I'm making this thread because, I'm assuming SOMEONE from the Community / Forum Team will see it and actually be able to help resolve the issue; rather than me spending another month contacting Tech Support just to more than likely waste another month and a half with no resolution. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Message me with the username of the original account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

Message me with the username of the original account.

0 Likes

I have the same issue.

My username is clsmithj , I did the forgot password it said reset information was sent to my email address clsmithj@iupui.edu and I never got it.

0 Likes

@Ray_AMDI have the same issue as the OP.

My username was clsmithj , and when I did the password reset it said it sent it to the email address associated with the account and I never got the reset email.

0 Likes

@Ray_AMD I am also having problems with receiving the password reset email for my original account. I forgot the username, but I think it was something like "Ridley12" or "CommanderRidley12", maybe even "StarWars251".

0 Likes

If it will help, my email address is zeldass16@gmail.com.

0 Likes