Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

nischal
Adept II
Adept II

Re: buying a new gpu and processor

Hey bud I love my pc as it's space convenient that's why I have decided to upgrade my pc...... I have searched and doing and A series apu which will help my to het rid of my issue and I think it is bundled with a fan...... I think AMD A-8 8300 will work for as it has radeon R7 graphics and it's octane core with great speed

WHATS YOUR POINT OF VIEW GUYS....

(Guys actually I m a 13 year old boy that's why I don't know much about these things

0 Kudos
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

The CPU as indicated above by others is soldered on to the board which also houses the GPU. Even if you have micro-soldering skills and manage to pin out a new CPU, the cooling isn't going to be sufficient. You'll have to upgrade the heatsink which runs alongside the bottom; you won't be able to use a CPU cooler unless you move the static shields on the back panel and make a hole for your new CPU cooler.

Again, this specific AIO model is not very upgradeable - you can upgrade the RAM to 4GB and add a larger capacity hard drive, and that's it. For further upgrade questions and instructions, I would contact Lenovo but they may not provide much information since this model was discontinued in 2015.

black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Because it's an All In One PC it doesn't fit desktop parts like...a desktop does, it doesn't have the space.

nischal
Adept II
Adept II

hey I KNOW I AM FRUSTRATING U

I WILL replace MY AMD ATHLON WITH AMD A-8 7600 (IF ITS NOT SOLDERED) I HAVE  SOCKET AM3 (938)(I HAVE WATCHED AN VIDEO IN WHICH HE REPLACED THE PROCESSOR IN HIS AIO PC(FROM INTEL CORE I3 TO INTEL CORE I5)  without changing the cooling system)

FOR COOLING PURPOSES I WILL replace MY OLD FAN WITH NEW ONE AND HEAT SINK TOO

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Good luck with that, you've been told the sockets are incompatible. Enjoy your ruined hardware. I am unfollowing this topic.

nischal
Adept II
Adept II

can i replace my whole chipset

0 Kudos
nischal
Adept II
Adept II

hello i have searched about my AM3 socket and got to know that AMD phenom , sempron and Athlon 2 are compatible with this socket

i just want to know that can i install a GPU ( i have One physical PCIe 2.0 x16 slot and one PCIe 2.0 x4 slot, the chipset provides a total of 20 PCIe 2.0 lanes and 4 PCIe 1.1 for A-Link Express II solely in the Northbridge)

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

um heh well. if theres a slot. you may need a dremel , a pcie extension cable to hang out, some tape to stick it somewhere and a camera so we can see this build . dont forget the soldering gun and a microscope for those pins.

0 Kudos
nischal
Adept II
Adept II

hey so u r saying that i have to cut my cpu and place the gpu outside the computer.....................( can u plz send me the image of such installation)

ZOTAC NVIDIA GT 730 2GB (how's this)

0 Kudos
nischal
Adept II
Adept II

i i have the slot populated with RS780

0 Kudos