cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

bruh1
Journeyman III

black screen when playing games

hey guys , i have some problems when playing games. everytime i enter a game i just get black screen for 15 seconds and after it starts doing it again. how should i fix this?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
motherboard:  A320M-A PRO (MS-7C51)
GPU: rx 570

0 Likes
1 Solution

That is a graphics hang usually because the power ceiling is not set high enough. Super common on Polaris cards. 

Assuming your power supply meets minimum requirements.

In Radeon Settings raise the power limit slider to its maximum of 50. Just slide it to its max all the way to the right. 
This should help. If not report back. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

That is a graphics hang usually because the power ceiling is not set high enough. Super common on Polaris cards. 

Assuming your power supply meets minimum requirements.

In Radeon Settings raise the power limit slider to its maximum of 50. Just slide it to its max all the way to the right. 
This should help. If not report back. 

0 Likes

i cannot find the power ceiling setting. I am using Adrenalin driver.

0 Likes

It's under the performance then tuning tab.

Shown on this help page a few pictures from the bottom:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-020

0 Likes

ok ty

0 Likes

If I am not wrong you lose waranty by adjusting this settings.

0 Likes
kroms
Adept III

I have an RX 570 4GB.

i used to have major problems .   I initially had installed Win10 on a new MB , then I changed MB and just moved the SSD to the new system and had issues.  

so my point is , make sure you have a clean Win10 install and whatever MB you got. 

Then  make sure you installed ( A FRESH NEW INSTALL ) of AMD drivers for you Card. What  did was  get DDU  uninstaller and removed every instance of drivers  from my  system.  You can do this also by Resetting Windows if you choose but be careful as you might need to reinstall your software.  OR try Uninstall from ADD or Remove programs from the Control panel.

Anyways,  for me I reinstalled a new windows 10 , reinstalled new drivers from AMD for the 570 and  yes it was a pain in the ASS but its been smooth sailing ever since and I have NO issues ,  0    for years now .

I mean maybe you need to think back and try to remember if at what point the system was running FINE and at what point did you notice the issues and then work from that point and think what changed  at the point that the issues starting showing up.

All the Best , i hope you figure it out !   :)

0 Likes