cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dante666
Adept I

Black Screen after update AMD Relieve drivers also while doing windows update, and also driver booster, other programs.

Hi, bros. I have trouble with my AMD card. I have a laptop Samsung Ativ book 8 ( Radeon 8870m), so 12 days ago, i was playing game, suddenly my laptop was stopped, like freezing screen, and made a noise like drrrrr. and i couldn't do anything, i tried ctrl alt delete and other things nothing happened. so i force shut down. when i open it, black screen appeared. so i tried to reset it , but 3% it was stucked about 3 hours so i again shut down it. so i tried reinstall windows after this all troubles was coming. drivers not worked. when i want to install amd drivers , also windows update, driver booster  everytime i faced with black screen. but in device manager i have amd radeon 8870m and intel card. i am afraid of my videocard died. what can i do ? i almost tried all ways to update my comp but still unlucky. i cant play games about 12 days so disappointed for amd

0 Kudos
13 Replies
atlasminor
Challenger

Re: Black Screen after update AMD Relieve drivers also while doing windows update, and also driver booster, other programs.

Check the new Pci bus that is replacing the if 7/8 PCI Bus or Win-10 PCI ROOT Complex

If that bus isn't matching the actual driver package, currently it would say 16.60 for 16.60 ( 17.2.1) ReLive , then your bus didn't get installed or not compatiable, Same thing started happening to me on a trail run without internet or any update forced rolled backs, and I found that not only did it not upgrade the bus, but sometimes it just plain replaced the text, with no .inf installed OR found ....

You cant find it, its something newer to allow AMD hardware function properly, consider using the old 2006 Intel  PCI Bus before updating your drivers and see if that clears it up.

Best of luck, I know my manufacture decided to not buy for any of the newer bus's past the out of box set, so, I feel your pain.

kingfish
MVP

Re: Black Screen after update AMD Relieve drivers also while doing windows update, and also driver booster, other programs.

You didn't mention the OS. If Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you must fully update the OS first...before you attempt to install any AMD driver. If you have issues with updating Win7, read this fix > Windows 7 will not update...fresh install

After all is updated (that means Windows Update tells you there are no more updates) then follow this guide for Intel/AMD switchable graphics > Laptop graphics update...How to

Disable any anti-virus/anti-malware/ while installing the drivers.

Correct driver choices for your laptop >

Win10 64bit > Mobile

Win 8.1 64bit > Mobile

Win 7 64bit > Mobile

How to Configure Laptop Switchable Graphics

atlasminor
Challenger

Agreed.  Although Win7 wont update, you should be able to install all the drivers onto the last SP1 released on DigitalRiver, which was removed but later re-added to download. You can still find a copy if you look, just check and match the Hash number and make sure its legit, or just through in your owned copy , doesn't have to be activated to re-upgrade to Win10, devices are tethered for life of the machine to your accounts

I'm using a duel 32 and 64 bit installer International that allows all options and pick which version you want to install for Win7.

I would suggest trying both 32 and 64 bit upgrade and if 32bit solves it, consider buying a 32bit licenses of Win10 from Microsoft for 89.99

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

The problem there is, depending on your graphics card, there is no driver support for 32bit systems.

Radeon™ RX 400 Series​​

​​​Radeon™ Pro Duo

dante666
Adept I

thanks for reply. first i tried wın 10 more than 3 times with usb clean installation. it wasnt worked everytime when i tried to update win 10 or amd graphics it was black screen. so i decided to try win 8,1 but still no luck. everytime black screen when updating. but in device manager it shows to graphics card amd radeon 8870m and intel card.  i dont know how to fix it. i only watch movies right now ((

0 Kudos
dante666
Adept I

mine is 64 bit.

OPERATING SYSTEM
OSWindows 8 (64-bit)
PROCESSOR
CPUIntel® Core™ i7 Processor 3635QM
Speed (GHz)2.40
Turbo Boost (GHz)3.40
ChipsetIntel HM76
CPU Cache6MB L3
CATEGORY
CategoryATIV Book 8, Gaming PC
USAGE
UsageEntertainment, High Performance, Gaming
DESIGN

Color

Bare Metal (Silver)
DISPLAY

LCD Size

15.6"
TypeLED Full HD
Resolution1920 x 1080

Touchscreen

Yes (10 Point Capacitive)
Aspect Ratio16:9
Brightness300nit SuperBright™ Technology
SYSTEM MEMORY

System Memory

8GB
Memory Configuration4GB x 2 (On Board)
Memory TypeDDR3 (1600MHz)
Max. System Memory16GB
RAMacceleratorYes
STORAGE

Storage Capacity

1TB
Storage Technology5400RPM
Storage InterfaceSATA2
GRAPHICS

Chipset

AMD Radeon™ HD 8770M Graphics
External or IntegratedExternal

Maximum Graphics Memory

1GB
0 Kudos
dante666
Adept I

win 8.1 now because win 10 not working at all about 3-4 minutes it gets black screen because it is automatically update drivers so it causes crash.  i already did it disabled antivirus, made correct choice. i always took care my pc, about in 1,2 months i resetted it, always did it , and installed amd with this ways, everything was fine. my laptop for gaming usually i get resident evil 7 50 fps above, and other super games, i dont know why it happened when i play simple online game blackshot ) i am very in a deep now.

0 Kudos
dante666
Adept I

some people says my videocard died, someone says my hdd needs for replacing ((

0 Kudos
dante666
Adept I

how can i do it ? change uefi settings ?

0 Kudos