cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Brocksamson62
Journeyman III

B550, 5800+6700xt Restart Issues in Age of Empires 4

Hi, I've been having a weird restart crash while playing Age of Empires 4.. GPU&CPU run well below JT and aren't being strained nearly as much as in other games. 

Speaking of other games, this is where my immense confusion comes from, I can play Halo Infinite all day long with no issues, but 30 minutes into 1 Age of Empires 4 game and my PC is force restarting?

From my untrained perspective, this seems like a driver issue or some sort of game optimization issue: I can't blame temperatures if everything is running relatively cooler in AOE4 and has problems, but playing Halo Infinite everything is running hotter with no problems, right?

If anyone has an answer to this, let me know, I don't want to claim warranty and be computerless if it's not hardware related.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Brocksamson62
Journeyman III

It happened again while playing Age of Empires 4.. Event Viewer says it's "Event 41-Kernel Power" 

I guess I should claim warranty?

0 Likes

Or maybe someone with the same hardware could stress test AOE4 and see if they have the same results after extended play? 

Or could someone possibly tell me an alternative community I can go to for answers, please? I really don't know what to do if the AMD community can't advise me on AMD products, I really need help, pleaae someone help me?

I really don't want to claim warranty, unless absolutely mandatory, because my manufacturer says it will take 2-3 months to send replacement parts and being computer-less for an entire quarter is way too much for an issue that only occurs in 1 game and, possibly, could be experienced by others, but I really don't know anything about this stuff that's why I'm theorizing here and asking all of you

0 Likes