cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

ASUS Prime X370-Pro Beta Bios 0803 released, includes AEGSA 1.0.0.6

It's not perfect (hence BETA), but it does allow my Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) to run at DDR4-2800 instead of DDR3-2133 (though below the rated DDR4-3200), a good 667mhz increase, though 400mhz to go. No doubt other ASUS boards as well as other companies will release beta BIOS files soon with full releases expected in a month.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X370-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

0 Kudos
8 Replies
gkeawe
Challenger
Challenger

Re: ASUS Prime X370-Pro Beta Bios 0803 released, includes AEGSA 1.0.0.6

Looking good.

x370_pro_0803_bios.jpg

0 Kudos
gkeawe
Challenger
Challenger

This new bios is awesome, Windows 10 runs great now, no more stopcodes encountered so far, gaming seems smoother and responsive, no more random game restarts and freezing.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

black zion,  your timings seem odd??? your fsb dram ratio is odd also. is cpu over clocked by the bus clock  , the fsb is it 100 or did you oc that way. fsb oc is best but not right now since anything over 104.8 will drop your gen 3.0 pcie too gen 2.0 pcie..

your bank cycle time should be 73  or close. are you running hynix ram???? let the bank cycle time on auto until asus board and cpu self train the clocks. normally like above they should be 14 14 14 36 73 and let the timing between 14 and 36 on auto aswell.. move your voltage up .5 and in digi power or its in overclockers paradise either way you will see it at the bottom for boot time voltage. try it out out. you may need to move 1 or 2 timings at a time to self teach itself... good luck.. you can get more . also in extreme tweaker down at bottom the 1.8 voltage move that to around 1.875 this will help cpu support ram. hmm theres one more at the bottom sorry i forget atm but it runs at 1.1 usually move that too 1.2 max, more like 1.17 this will help alot.. ! it supplies the dram too support your 1.35 or whatever your ram is to run at.. yes its lower i know thats just how it works..

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

My timings and voltage are set to the rated values. Everything else is on Auto.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

i need more info. what ram do you have??  the related values will not  cut the cake im afraid as it appears. try moving up that 16 too 18 since ryzen dont like odd timing, not sure why.. you can safley go 10% overvolt on most any quality ram, ive gone higher.. give it some help bud.. once it self trains itself you can slowly move clocks down for better latency..

i havent updated my bios yet but i run 3200mhz and can run 3467mhz for like 5 minutes until i get code 8 :o .. my sticks need 1.35 volt. i started ocing my ram at 1.5 volt and worked down to 1.4 and just left it there. always oc ram before cpu to get the most just saying.

go into digi power and set your dram setings to extreme and 130% and more voltage below that for boot times it needs help... then try to boot

there is also a setting i beleive its in advanced to allow for the ram to clear or forget what is so it can re teach itself. welcome to ryzen

0 Kudos
firpo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

What RAM are you using?

0 Kudos
mistered
Adept III
Adept III

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)   CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R

CPUZ.jpg

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

i dont know what it is but every dang corsair ram always puts wrong bank cycle time in. the trc should be 73 to get those higher clocks just sayin.. corsair thing i suppose.

0 Kudos