cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users: BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

I'm assuming you have this model: AX4U3200W4G16-QGZ so enter the timings (16-16-16-16) (under EXTREME TWEAKER -> DRAM TIMING CONTROL), under "EXTREME TWEAKER" main screen set the voltage to 1.35, and the frequency (dropdown) to 3200MHz. This should work with any BIOS after 1201, but more importantly with 1403.

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users:  BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

Should I be using the chipset program it comes with to ??

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

also it is the first gen of this board so I think your right.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

OKay, I put the new bios in have not had an issues or reset or memory leak, I didnt eanter the timing i had it on auto because it said like 17 and auto and I figure i could put 16 on the right side but it offered alot of options  but I did turn it to 3200 mhz and set the voltage to 1.35. It seems to be running faster though and work better.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

you actually have the best board for a ryzen build same as mine and whiskey-foxtrot . you have alot more potential to get that thing rolling.. so your good.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So I have a hero 6 with ryzen 7 1800x what's the best ram then to achieve the higher mhz that's 32gb that I won't have to upgrade when these updates come out thanks

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

i suggest flare x 3200 if and then 32gb then put 16 16 16 38 for a 3466mhz then down it too 3200mhz so it balances out. and put a reboot of 7 or 8 fail boots in to train the ram then .... oh  before boot make sure to up the soc volts big time for 32gb like top 1.1875 or more 32gb is alot and sync the boot timer eeeeeeh

0 Kudos
Challenger
Challenger

I assume you've since then updated to the 1501 BIOS? It cleared so many stability issues on mine, and I still have the pre-release beta BIOS on mine still that elmor put out on ROG forum.

Wouldn't overclock in BIOS on 1403, clocks would drop to 1.5Ghz, because the multiplier would get stuck at 15, wouldn't keep RAM timings correctly, if I changed them manually to spec speeds it wouldn't even boot, I had to reset twice.

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

daquteness​ Yes, I'm on 1501. I never posted 1501 on here like I did with other releases because I noticed some peculiarities like CPU core voltages which were staying near the 1.51+ V! After a complete BIOS drain/reset those voltages have normalized (1.36 - 1.41V @ 4.0GHz)

FYI: The beta release is the the same as the "stable" one on the main Asus site; there is no difference between BIOS releases unless the revision number changes, even if one was previously released as beta.

Challenger
Challenger

Every day is school day. Thanks!

I never noticed those spikes though, if anything they normalized for me only after flashing 1501. Was seeing 1.45v in BIOS easy no matter what I did, even when I had set 1.325v for 3.9GHz - Manual, not Offset, which didn't work anyway in the end because of the multiplier bug for the 1700. Although I have noticed something else: in HWMonitor, voltage drops by 0.045 consistently under full load, and comes right back after. It's not affecting stability, was just wondering if you've encountered this, but never goes above what's dialed in. Maybe it's CPU skew related?

If you DO encounter issues with particular BIOS versions, might be all the better reason to post them specifically to point out the issue, for other's information so they go ahead with the aforementioned caution.

0 Kudos