cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users:  BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

oh i was looking at those i asked in newegg ... they said 3200 maybe 3600 if your lucky they didnt really know.. intel guys having issues getting them up too. they recommend bclk 103.5 or 104.5 to get the matched speeds and correct ratio.. how high did you get them and do you have the ram stick numbers plz???? !!!!!

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users: BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

I love that kit (F4-4000C18D-16GTZR) - I added the following timings: 18-18-19-39-58

I did not keep this kit as it's a Dual kit - I need to have all 4 filled. I added a second kit but was getting all sorts of memory errors.

4000MHz-2.png

Below are the other timings for reference.

4000MHz.png

Community Manager
Community Manager

Very nice! I can't even seem to get 3466Mhz stable at even stock frequency with geardown enabled unfortunately. I've given up for now but will try again as more bios updates become available.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

3200Mhz is as high as I've gone with high HCI coverage to determine stability. I get errors with higher memory frequency. Not sure on the ram stick numbers, sorry.

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

so from what isee it has the cpu stressed and slowed down on the cache. this may hurt more than benefit.. look at my L! 2 3 ...  hmmm i dunno. what do you think fox is it worth 6000 writes or so hmmmm?

rammer.PNG

4000 seems to hurt cpu .. 3600mhz here... now im not sure what to do..

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

the L3 cache is the ryzen issue to start with. so hmmm ..

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

foxtrot you really should youtube it. you may be 1st cuz 3833 i think is fastest right now

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

Not sure to be honest. As for performance, the first line is all I focus on; in the screenshot I posted, it shows a higher latency (66.5ns) which is about ~20ns higher than it did throughout the day. But even with it spiking up to 66.5, it's definitely worth the upgrade to me. Now if they only had a 4 DIMM kit, I'd jump on it. Having open slots drives me nuts when it comes to my builds!

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

whiskey-foxtrot  what is your SOC voltage for that i wonder if its bumped up if it would bring up the cache some.. and whats core voltage

0 Kudos
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users: BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

Not sure if I can reproduce this - I have been extremely lucky with this particular build (Oscar Mike ) - this particular Mobo/CPU combo are probably the best in quality I've seen in years. As for Youtube - I'll only post something if it's worth putting up - like my TridentZ RGB memory corruption fix

0 Kudos