Forerunner
Forerunner

Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users: BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

Directly from Elmor:

C6H beta UEFI 1403

* Fixed W_PUMP and AIO_PUMP speeds during POST

* Fixed Fan tuning sometimes failing

* Fixed a few issues with AMD USB3.1 ports

* Some tuning on DRAM settings, let us know how they work for you. tRDRD_Sc is still at 5 above 3500 MHz as it helps with stability. For performance you want to force this to 1. We'll consider changing this in future releases as the performance impact can be quite noticeable in certain applications.

An update on DRAM Boot Voltage, currently it should be 1.35V by default if the DRAM Voltage is changed. So if you're setting DRAM Voltage to above 1.35V, you might want to sync this setting. Additionally there might be scenarios where you will have better luck by syncing DRAM Boot Voltage to DRAM Voltage even at lower values.

Original post and download on Asus' website: Crosshair VI Hero: UEFI build 1403

49 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users: BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

yup, .. i think i will flash 1401 tommorrow and let it load up for few minute then flash 1403. should be good to go then. finally set these sticks too 3467mhz. if all goes well i may shoot for a ram overclock they may run 3600 or close. i will definatley let ya know how well this 1403  is. push the envelope .

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

3600mhz achieved on 3200 mhz sticks. a wow factor indeed no bclk oc either. thanks  whiskey-foxtrot

AGESA 1006a 1403...ASuS C6H G.skill Flare x 3200mhz running @ 3600mhZ /w stock bclk the WOW factor i...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

so far still good bump.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

This bios is working well for me and my 1800X @ 4.050Ghz, DDR4 3200Mhz CL14 with tight seconds and third timings.

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Asus Crosshair 6 Hero users:  BIOS RC 1403 with AGESA 1.0.0.6

amdmatt  which mobo do you run? depending which board you have you could get better latency and and faster reads , writes.. even with higher timings. depending on the sticks.. glad your running good though thats whats its all about

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

only thing i had issue with getting 3600 was , when i did a bech on aida64 for some reason the reads where great 1st run then droped to half. but i checked on maxmem2 and it was fine. so i bumped down the trdrd_sc to 1 and suprizingly it took it and aida64 recognized that and reads went back up over 50,000 again.. i think it was an aida 64 issue tho not sure . . but all is well !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Asus Crosshair VI Hero.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

well done . if you have flare x 3200mhz.. the g.skill timing for 3466 is 16-16-16-18-36 .g.skill they are made to run that also.. once all is stable and volted up plug 3600 in and set the memory training atempts to atleast 5 loops . my posted on 3 training attempts. make sure in digi power at bottom is set vboot same as the over volt on the sticks in tweaker. i wont lie 1.45 atleast until its trained and dont go under 1.42v once it gets settled in. im sure you know the other settings in digi power for dram extreme 130% all that.   once its all happy change the trdrd_sc to 1 from 5 to fix read times.. dont be skeeeeert ... lol

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm using a GSkill 4000Mhz RGB kit, but at my high CPU frequency any higher than 3200Mhz is not stable.

0 Kudos