cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pokester
MVP

Re: Anyone else getting a Firefox memory leak from these forums?

So while watching my memory usage over an hour with only this forum open with one page in Firefox I went from 4500 mb to 11500 mb of used ram. So yes I would definitely say there is a leak. It however doesn't clear when I close the AMD page. So is that the browser or the AMD forum. It could be that any number of pages out there could have the same affect on Firefox. I am going to see what I get in Opera by contrast next.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Okay, zero change in Opera, it is fine.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Wow, 4.5 to 11.5 gbytes of RAM Memory being used. My computer has 16 gbytes of RAM installed. It uses about 73 +/- % of RAM when idle due to running background programs and services. I imagine if Firefox used 11 gbytes, my computer or Firefox would definitely slowdown or crash since it would be using Hard drive as a memory backup (Page File).

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

The link mentioned previously said to go to Weather.com. That seems to cause the massive leak to show better.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

It sure could depending on how bad the leak is. I have thought for a long time that the issues some have (including myself) with rise of the tomb raider were fundamentally a memory leak. Since getting my new machine with 32gbs of ram, zero issues. I fired off a bug report to mozilla on the firefox memory bug and how to reproduce it earlier today.

0 Likes
brucer
Forerunner

Mine stays consistent

0 Likes