cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

AMD Vega M GL Benchmarked: Lots of power from a tiny computer

A mini PC capable of 1920x1080 30fps gaming, and even 60fps in some titles, and that's with FULL DETAILS, not like the 1280x720 medium-high details of the 2400g. You can compare it to the 2400g, but you really can't since it is more akin to a dedicated card since it has its own memory...What's more, this is Intel's kit, this isn't a polished retail product.

Intel Hades Canyon NUC With Core i7-8809G and RX Vega GPU Tested

nuc8i7hvk-skull-on

Intel Hades Canyon NUC – GPU Tests (Image Credits: Playwares)

• intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_1
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_2
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_3
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_4
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_5
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_6
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_7
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_8
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_9
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_10
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_11
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_12
  • intel-hades-canyon-nuc_intel-core-i7-8809g_amd-radeon-rx-vega-m-gh_gaming-test_13
0 Likes
2 Replies

TomsHardware backs up that sentiment...Maybe that's why AMD was down for the majority of the day today...

Intel NUC 8 VR (NUC8i7HVK) Review - Tom's Hardware

It's fair to say that the NUC8i7HVK is fast enough to deliver smooth frame rates at 1080p using high-quality settings in most games. If you want to run at a higher resolution or know your favorite games are more demanding than the ones we tested, then you may have to hold out for a return to normalcy with graphics card pricing. Otherwise, The NUC 8 VR's AMD Vega-based GPU comes close to an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 in some of the platform-bound situations we discovered (and after overclocking).

0 Likes

Those would be some pretty decent numbers for a console type experience on a tv for pc gaming.  Not bad at all.

0 Likes