Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

llares
Journeyman III

AMD Shop - GPU drops/ re-stock

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a GPU each Thursday for a couple of months now. Once I got in and a card in the basket, but my payment verification jeopardized my attempt. Anyway, last week, there was no drop. This week also nothing.

Did they shift the slot or is there no re-stock at all? I wasn't able to find anything on the topic.

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers

0 Likes
7 Replies
timothycurtis85
Journeyman III

I was able to chat with a representative. He was not sure if there would be a drop today (Dec. 2), as there was a drop on Monday. But he suggested I keep trying in case it was simply delayed.

I kept refreshing to get in the drop and they just hit me with access denied

0 Likes

Access denied wil goes away after 5 minutes They are  now working with a wait list (random) so refreshing wont help/work anymore.

Zolex
Adept III

Last thursday was an holiday in the US i think.
There was a drop this monday 29/11/2021. (same time)

Ff i was you i should check every thursday and monday for a few weeks.

I hope @amd can give a answer on this. 

0 Likes
Ben_XXII
Journeyman III

Hi,

I'm in the same situation here, most Thursday for months.

Around 90% of time my position in line is more than an hour and we all know what it means.

This morning I felt super lucky, my wait time was only 5 minutes. For the first time I got to see what was in stock, it was the RX 6800 xt, exactly what I wished for!

I add it to my cart, click checkout, then fill my address and credit card info, click next. Then I confirm shipping address is the same as billing address, shipping will take 7-10 days, sweet...

Then a get an error message, I have to reenter the queue with that stupid reCaptcha and once I'm back in, I can't finish my order because it's sold out.

What a disappointment...

I totally get that having a place in line does not guarantee availability, and I feel this lottery makes it fair for everyone trying to get a graphics card. Today I've learned that even when it finally gets to your turn, it doesn't mean you can actually buy one.

At this point it feels like it would be easier to win the real lottery and buy my 6800 xt from  scalpers...

Had the exact same issue on another drop. This is so frustrating! 

0 Likes
allovercoupon3
Journeyman III

The latest AMD Shop - GPU drops are happening right now. The price of the GPUs you're looking to buy has dropped significantly. If you're in the market for a new graphics card, now is the time to act. The company has recently lowered the prices of its products. Here are some ways to take advantage of these discounts with the Liquid Web Discount Code. First, you should make sure you have the correct product specifications. Then, you should go to the AMD Shop's official website.

0 Likes