cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

SandBox
Adept I

AMD queue system

I don't care if this topic is covered on other post or stuff like that, couldnt care less since I'm here to share MY OWN experience so that maybe, looking at how many post like that they get they(AMD)'re gonna do something right finally...

Yesterday I decided to join the drop queue once again like every other past thursday so far; this time several things were different:

a) usually even if I load the page 5-10 min before the queue advises me that I should wait approximately more than 1h while this time I only had to wait 10 mins(finally \o/ ).

b) since I had a timer of 10 mins I could appreciate the fact that even if I have to wait 6 mins the timer can increase up to 10 or even 15 mins cause ppl joining the queue may be pushed before you, EVEN IF U'RE AMONG THE FIRST ONES!

c) I was finall able to get past the queue and access the shop, where I could sadly find only 6700xt

As I mentioned in a previous post I'm completely fine with 6700xt for several reasons: ok a 6800xt, especially the black version, would be better but since I'm stuck with a 1080ti I'm just being positive and look at things from a better perspective, like a lot of us, right?

Well I had the money on my paypal account, I was able to put the 6700xt on my shopping cart, logged in with paypal, but I couldn't proceed with the purchase cause their shop glitched, and as soon the orange box with the checkout appeared I clicked on that, and got pushed back to queue once again.

I still had the 6700xt on the cart, I've immediately contacted the support and these were the answers: 

a) I'm sorry cannot do anything for you. As stated in the queue "the position in queue doesn't mean you're getting one of our fancy products".

So I replied that: "the position in queue should mean that if you join the queue and there are 5000 people before you, we're not selling 5001 products, simply cause we don't have such a tremendous amount of them, try again next week." and that wasn't the case anyway, since I got past the queue; if you're the first in a queue it means you're still in the queue and you're the next being serviced as soon as you LEAVE the queue. And then they  stated:

b) I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. Probably one of the previous customers was still doing the payment so the page you saw wasn't updated.

So I finally replied "ok it happens I guess, just give me priority next thursday at least, I joined months ago... is not like a single 6800 or 6700 gonna make a huge difference, especially since it was literally my turn, I'm not asking for any sort of preorder on a specific product or skip the queue from ground zero...... ofc the answer was "No".

Now is that me or it's kinda ridiculous that AMD is not able to manage a queue like that once a week while online stores do it every single day? Fun facts they keep  affirming stuff like "we do care about our customers, we truly do" when in reality stuff like that keep happening every thursday: People affirming they joined the queue with several machines(like it was fair in first istance), or what happened to me...ok you had  a problem, fine, let's just fix it----> no, your problem.

It's crystal clear it's just marketing and they dont give a **bleep** about customers in general; even an ape like me could get that in every queue you have to set a timer with enough time to let people finish what they need to do but short enough so that your queue doesn't freeze, you don't need mastermind to realize such a thing, but no, their current queue is just better and doesn't need another fix; let's just pretend it was perfect from beginning and they didn't " " " fixed " " " it several times before. 

Ofc now the 6700xt is not in my shopping cart anymore......

0 Likes
0 Replies