cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dcmackie
Journeyman III

Re: AMD drivers for Win 10 & AMD cards supporting DX12

I have an old HD4830 which now seems to want the latest drivers which do not support the card. ( no dual monitors) It was working OK in Windows 10 preview.

I installed the old  driver 8.970.100.9001 but now Windows Update does not work with an error code of (0x800705b4) due I am told to invalid hardware drivers.

How can I get the driver from "windows update" so the Windows Update might work?

0 Kudos
piscesking
Journeyman III

my intel system shows dx 12 and my Amd system shows 11.2dx 12 intel.jpg

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Unfortunately Windows update still has several problematic drivers

I may post a page or 4 more on the issue when I get time

0 Kudos
motiongrapher
Adept I

Another Nice surprise from the genius people in AMD team. Today, I received update notification for my windows 10 catalyst driver 15.20.1062 - 150715a 187146c.

So I happily proceed to download and install it, hoping that my FireDrive 300 graphic card driver crash will go away.  Guess what?  I received the infamous error :

"We are unable to find a driver for your system. No supported AMD hardware has detected" 

Are you guys serious? I'm not here to bash your genius team but seriously, you prompted me to download this and your software can't even detect whether it will work on my machine or not? ... I guess a 16 year old programmer can create better drivers than you guys.

Go ahead and delete my complaint. I will verbally tell everybody around me to avoid any system that comes with AMD graphics (including MAC machines)

Have a beautiful day!

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I have seen that message lots of times with both makes of card, guess you will have to wait for yet another driver

0 Kudos
bulldurham
Adept II

I was curious why Comal: "Trinity" APU's were being left out of this? They not only outperform the current models, they can do pretty much everything the new ones can.

0 Kudos