General Discussions

hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: AMD drivers for Win 10 & AMD cards supporting DX12

Office 2013 was problem free, Steam was a horror story

esmea
Adept III

That link was horrible. I'm sorry, but it was crying doom and gloom for really minor problems. Also, 500GB steam library? That size means nothing. Perhaps game count would be more credible.

The root folder issue is old, but there is reason it exists. Their complaint on updates is very selfish, as it does not take into account global users. I have had absolutely zero complaints from anyone on my network about steam compatibility.

heydon2015
Adept I

OK, so according to this forum , my a10 6800k will not support direct x 12 , so now I thinking of upgrading my cup to an a10 7870k , I have checked with gigabyte, and  according to their website my A55 motherboard will support this chip , however according to AMD read up it does not mention this chip , can someone please advise ?

0 Kudos
esmea
Adept III

You're going to have to be more specific about the motherboard model. Gigabyte A55 is too vague... There are 10 models with that description, and some of those will work with a new CPU, and some wont.

heydon2015
Adept I

HI sorry , to be more specific it is a GA-F2A55M-ds2, Rev 3.0, which according to gigabyte , works with the A10 7870k , however AMD make no mention of this ​

0 Kudos
esmea
Adept III

Ahh, so the confusion was over the information for the chipset? The motherboard manufacturer is the best source of compatibility information with their products.

The motherboard is FM2+, which is the requirement for the GCN APUs. You will be just fine with the A10-7870k. I believe that one is Godavari, which is the most recent release.

heydon2015
Adept I

There is still some confusion, some say that you will need a new FM2+ motherboard to work this processor , for the Godavari {Processor which came out this year, but gigabyte stil have on their mother board compatibility chart that even the new 7870k will work on this motherboard, and as someone said earlier they are the manufacturers they should know, its just that wish information would be consistant

0 Kudos
esmea
Adept III

You already stated that it is the GA-F2A55M-ds2 Rev 3.0. The revision makes the difference here, as the Rev 3.0 DOES have FM2+ socket support, unlike the other revisions of the same model. The chipset doesn't dictate the support on this. You will need to make sure that you at least have the BIOS updated to version FE or later. See the BIOS download page.

heydon2015
Adept I

yes sorry I did already state the chipset model, I was just concerned that the A55m chip motherboards are not listed in pairing with the new godavarI processor 7870 k , but  the manufacturer should know they made it ​

0 Kudos
wizardviper55
Journeyman III

I can't believe that 7400M series won't support DX12, HOW?

0 Kudos