cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

goodplay
MVP

Re: AMD Display Optimization?

This, View by Days . click the date(or blank) you installed driver.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
noodles59
Miniboss

I just reset Win10 (clean install) and interestingly that AMD Optimization is auto installed by The MS shop and it works as long as there is no AMD driver installed - once the 19.2.3 is active it shows top mentioned error. 

0 Likes
pooroldbaldy
Journeyman III

I have the same issue with a brand new notebook (Asus FX505 DT) which came with this app pre-installed. The AMD Display Optimization app ran until I updated AMD drivers a few days ago (the day I took delivery) and since then to Radeon/Adrenalin 19.8.2.

I ran the AMD driver auto detect and installation tool, and have also checked that all AMD drivers are up to date by using device manager as well as AMD Radeon Settings app. Windows Device Manager confirms that all drivers are the latest version and finds no problems. So far the only solution Asus tech support have is to to use the AMD auto detect tool, which I've aleady tried. As per an AMD email alert yesterday I've also confirmed that all drivers are the latest version.

Reliability Monitor shows one warning which doesn't seem relevant: Asus Update Helper, "Unsuccesful application reconfiguration." Technical details: "Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: ASUS Update Helper. Product Version: 1.3.107.9. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1638."

My system has an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor, with Radeon Mobile 8 Gfx/Vega 8 graphics as primary/integrated. The Radeon software version is 19.8.2, using Adrenalin. BIOS Version

The notebook also has the GTX 1650 GPU. I've mainly used the machine for gaming (with the GTX 1650), but the integrated graphics work fine for general use incluing watching movies and photo editing. Not sure I'm missing out on anything, but I'd like to see what this app can do.

venu1915
Journeyman III

have u found a solution because i also have the same laptop with the same issue?

0 Likes