Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Orson1971
Adept I

AMD: Consumer warranty return site is broken

Hey AMD

The consumer warranty return pages are broken: after signing in they go through a never-ending loop of pages with JS errors galore. This repros on latest Chrome and Firefox.

https://www.amd.com/en/registration/warranty-services-portal.html

I suspect no one from AMD reads these pages, but I am just flagging them in case my suspicions are unfounded. The reason I was attempting to contact consumer warranty returns was due to regular WHEA reboots from a new 5950X PIB on a stock system (no overclocking, fully supported components at every level). Unfortunately, it seems lots of consumers have this issue and the fix seems to be requesting a new part. Very disappointed (like I won't buy AMD for a few cycles).

Cheers

Orson

1 Solution
Orson1971
Adept I

I called AMD support today and was told they think the processor is defective and I should use the warranty site. I explained that the site has been down during the weekend and still down today.

Even if I return the processor to AMD for a replacement, there is still a risk the replacement has similar issues as this appears to be a QA issue.

The warranty site remains down and since this is interfering with my ability to work , I've elected to return the processor to the store and buy an S1700 motherboard and processor (the advantage being DDR4 compatibility for the 80GB of RAM in the system).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Orson1971
Adept I

I called AMD support today and was told they think the processor is defective and I should use the warranty site. I explained that the site has been down during the weekend and still down today.

Even if I return the processor to AMD for a replacement, there is still a risk the replacement has similar issues as this appears to be a QA issue.

The warranty site remains down and since this is interfering with my ability to work , I've elected to return the processor to the store and buy an S1700 motherboard and processor (the advantage being DDR4 compatibility for the 80GB of RAM in the system).

0 Likes

@Orson1971,

I have been needing to get to the warranty page as well. I can confirm it is also broken for me. What did you use as a phone number to get to support? I'm sitting with a failed CPU and don't have a means to contact AMD for replacement.

Thanks

0 Likes

The store gave me a UK number, but there's a list here:

JFYI, I found clearing cookies stops the endless cycling on warranty pages: it might work for you too.

0 Likes
Orson1971
Adept I

-

0 Likes
Axton
Challenger

The whole AMD.com login process is still broken. I can't login to the store or for warranty, nor is it sending me password reset codes.  I know my password and it still tells me it's wrong.

Doesn't instill much confidence in anyone considering buying direct in my opinion.

0 Likes