Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

JaviWallace
Adept I

AMD Athlon 3000g supply

Hi!

I'm Javi, from Spain. I've been wanting to buy an AMD Athlon 3000g for an office PC that I'm building, but I can't find any seller. I've searched in the official store, Amazon (.es, .it, .de ...), eBay, Aliexpress and local online stores and none of them have stock of it. And the ones that sell it, the product would arrive  at Jan or Feb.

Is there any problem about this product supply? Do they have ended producing it? Or do you know of any store that sells it?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

There are several Users here at AMD Forums that live in Europe and one of them might be able to steer you to a European company that sells AMD APUs that also sells in Spain.

Thanks for letting me know which part of the World you are located in otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded the USA websites if I had known you lived in Spain.

But you might still use PCPARTPICKER.com to see which Vendors/Sellers might also operate in Spain like Amazon, as an example, and get a general idea of how much the APU should cost in Spain or in Europe.

Note: By your first name Javi I figured you were Hispanic but you last name thru me off "Wallace". :smileyhappy:

EDIT: Here is all of AMD official Partners in Western Europe including Spain. You can click on the Store to see if they sell what you are looking for: https://www.amd.com/en/partner/distributors

Here are all the official AMD Partners in Spain:

Screenshot 2020-12-07 152740.png

At the top click under "location" click on "All" to see all the Vendors/Distributors that sell AMD hardware in Western Europe.

Many are Distributors but you might be able to ask which stores they supply in Spain.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

At Amazon it will be in stock on December 21, 2020: https://www.amazon.com/AMD-4-Thread-Unlocked-Processor-Graphics/dp/B0815JGFQ8?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_simh_...

Screenshot 2020-11-26 174852.png

At Newegg,com it is in stock but it ships from Ireland and has a window of 5 -35 days to arrive to you and is more expensive: https://www.newegg.com/amd-athlon-3000g/p/274-000M-001B8#

Note: Seller GAIACOM has extremely poor ratings. I wouldn't purchase this item from Newegg.

Screenshot 2020-11-26 174852.png

NOTE: It seems like supplies is out of stock at most major Retailers. So unless you want to wait or you can choose another AMD APU instead of the 3000G APU.

Elstaci, thank you so much for your answer!

Now I've searched for other AMD APU models such us aproximately all of these:

Athlon 200GE,  Athlon 220GE, Athlon 240GE, Athlon 3000g, Athlon 300GE, Ryzen 3 2200ge/g...

And all of them are all overprized or simply there's no stock, it's frustating taking in consideration that we're one step away from Christmas! haha

If you know of any website or seller that could have one of these I would be very pleased.

Again, thank you so much for your opinion.

Javi

0 Likes

what is your budget for purchasing a APU?

How much are you willing to spend?

You can wait til the week of Christmas to see what specials are available for AMD APUs.

Or go to Amazon or Newegg or Walmart or BHPhoto  etc and see if you can get email updates on prices for the various APUs you are interested in.

Ebay sometimes sells AMD APU cheaply but need to be aware that you need to be sure the Vendor/Seller is a reputable store before buying.

Many sell used AMD APUs that are almost new for various reasons at Ebay and Amazon Marketplace. But they won't have any AMD Warranty since you are not the original owner.

By the way, make sure you have compatible RAM Memory that will be compatible with the new APU and your motherboard. Go by the Motherboard's RAM QVL list or the RAM manufacturer's Support site.

EDIT: Many Users use this website to upgrade or purchase computer hardware to build their own computers: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu/#k=33&g=430,418,419

Here are all the AMD APUs that uses AM4 sockets with prices. Just click on the one you are interested on to get more detail information about various Vendors/Sellers that sells them and the price they are charging.

Screenshot 2020-12-07 135942.png

as an example I clicked on the Ryzen 3 3200G processor and it shows what vendors has it in stock and which don't.

Screenshot 2020-12-07 135942.png

Hello!

Thanks you so much for your help, they're being very helpful.

I'm looking for a 60-100€ APU, LEt's say a 110-120 $ max Cap. The website 'pcpartpicker' is very interesting in order to search similar components, but they're all oriented to USA, most of USA's sellers won't ship to Spain (and the price would be pretty higher because of the shipping). So I'm searching just in UE international sellers such us Ebay, amazon... And also national sellers; pccomponentes... 

I've already bought the other components, a seagate hdd, 8Gb RAM ddr4 2666mhz, and the motherboard is the 'asus prime a320m-k', which should be compatible with the RAM specs :D

Thanks!

Javi

There are several Users here at AMD Forums that live in Europe and one of them might be able to steer you to a European company that sells AMD APUs that also sells in Spain.

Thanks for letting me know which part of the World you are located in otherwise I wouldn't have uploaded the USA websites if I had known you lived in Spain.

But you might still use PCPARTPICKER.com to see which Vendors/Sellers might also operate in Spain like Amazon, as an example, and get a general idea of how much the APU should cost in Spain or in Europe.

Note: By your first name Javi I figured you were Hispanic but you last name thru me off "Wallace". :smileyhappy:

EDIT: Here is all of AMD official Partners in Western Europe including Spain. You can click on the Store to see if they sell what you are looking for: https://www.amd.com/en/partner/distributors

Here are all the official AMD Partners in Spain:

Screenshot 2020-12-07 152740.png

At the top click under "location" click on "All" to see all the Vendors/Distributors that sell AMD hardware in Western Europe.

Many are Distributors but you might be able to ask which stores they supply in Spain.

Ah! Alright, therefore i will contact one of these companies, thank you so much for youre help elstaci, hope everything is doing well over there :smileyvery-happy:

Psdt: I mentioned it in the first sentece hahaha :smileytongue:

javi.png

But don't worry, my nickname leads people into confusion, that page was very helpful tho :D

Thanks!

My fault, I sometimes read a post to quickly and leave out some important information :smileyhappy:

Anyways maybe one of those distributors either in Spain or in Western Europe might be able to help find a Retailer that sells the  AMD APU you are interested in.

Hope you are also safe and secure in Spain concerning COVID-19,

Take care