cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Am i getting the most out of my computer?

Jump to solution

Hey there, i bought this below lenovo erazer a year ago, it was great upgrade for me. However the more i get into computers and learning about how a game should really run. I really feel as if i am not getting the most of my computer. It seems it is under performing and i was wondering if the below performance is good for that i bought.

I bought the lenovo erazer x315

• AMD FX-Series FX-770K (3.50 GHz)
  • 8 GB DDR3
  • 1 TB HDD 128 GB SSD
  • AMD Radeon R9 1GB
  • Windows 10

With the above specs i can get anywhere from 80-100 fps in csgo on medium graphics

In pubg i can get anywhere from 20-40 fps on very low settings, performance mode and screen scale of 100, looks terrible, but this is the best i could get

Overwatch: I play on the constant 60 fps it is maxed too. However if i got over 100 i get terrible lag for some reason.

I want to also mention, although these are playable conditions i suppose, i also do get regular fps drops, and bad performance from time to time. It seems that it doesn't take much to overload the PC, making multi tasking difficult, or closing and open games and menu's difficult.

Is this what i Payed for? i feel i can do better for what i spent.

inb4 i should have built my own, next time boys

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Am i getting the most out of my computer?

Jump to solution

Let's see, since you didn't post a GPUz screenshot but said "2GB R9" which means either the 270, 270X,370, or 370X, very mid range cards that don't have a tremendous amount of performance. Playerunknown Battlegrounds is a beta game with a minimum requirement not much lower than your card so you can't go by that, your system has a mediocre 450w power supply so upgrading your graphics card is out of the question, so yes, I would say you are getting everything you can from that $1000 machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Depends on what your graphics card is. Post a GPUz screenshot because there is no R9 GPU with 1GB of memory.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Oh sorry it is the 2gb R9 sorry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Let's see, since you didn't post a GPUz screenshot but said "2GB R9" which means either the 270, 270X,370, or 370X, very mid range cards that don't have a tremendous amount of performance. Playerunknown Battlegrounds is a beta game with a minimum requirement not much lower than your card so you can't go by that, your system has a mediocre 450w power supply so upgrading your graphics card is out of the question, so yes, I would say you are getting everything you can from that $1000 machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Would upgrading my supply to upgrade my gpu be an option???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

If that case supports a standard ATX power supply and a standard dual slot graphics card then yes, but then the problem becomes the slow processor.

0 Kudos