cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

janagewen
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Always supported AMD.... until now? Why would AMD NOT support Win7 with their new RYZEN CPUs? BIG misstake

Thank you for your reply, the very problem is that why you expect the future processors to support the phased-out or about phasing-out O/S? Why not just use the current processors to support those processors? The best way to support those O/S when adopting future processors is to utilise the Virtual Machines. Windows 7 is good, but not better. There are much rooms for Microsoft to developed a second edition of Windows 7 if Microsoft would love. BSOD is quite often thing for all the versions of Microsoft Windows, but the good news is that none could disable Windows Updates, which could solve those problems in time, fast and efficient. So again, Windows 10 is better.

0 Kudos
ryzenwindows7
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Always supported AMD.... until now? Why would AMD NOT support Win7 with their new RYZEN CPUs? BIG misstake

I have a problem with its intrusive telemetry that no matter what cannot be completely turned off. Enterprise and education versions do not have this, but cannot be bought by individuals. Win10 was initially free, I always said if it's free maybe that is not the product, you are!

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

I would have liked like to see Windows 7 Support for Ryzen as well.  Best OS from Microsoft. Good backup and restore. Reasonably stable Updates, mostly.

However as long as it supports Linux OS and Vulkan I will be happy. Hopefully more people will move to Linux.

I am walking away from Microsoft Windows 10 unless things change. I doubt they will.

I can just about put up with Windows 8.1 with some 'modifications' the User interface is O.K.
One modification has been to use Classic Shell for desktop. I use the Metro Interface on my PC as well as a quick way to find and launch some programs.

I am careful to check what Windows 8.1 Updates are provided to my machine by Microsoft.

I have seen reports that Windows 10 type "telemetry" features have been sneaking into Windows 8.1 in certain updates.
I have been starting to have to check exactly what is officially at least in the patches.
Windows 8.1 patch stability has been terrible for me in past year since Windows 10 upgrade offers came in.
I seem to be spending more time fixing Windows 8.1 Updates and checking what is in patches and less time doing productive work.

For people who think worrying about Privacy is silly and they have nothing to hide or fear, fine.
Ask yourself if you would walk up to a complete stranger and give them your laptop, phone, passwords, and all your personal and financial info. Still o.k. with that?

I have looked at Windows 10. I am not moving to Windows 10. Not convinced I have any privacy or security. No control on updates. I want a PC, not an iPhone.
I want control. I do not want all my data sucked up to a remote "secure cloud" to be mined. The one thing I was o.k. with. The side scrolling Metro Interface has also gone. It's vertical now. That makes perfect sense on a desktop monitor.

Game over Microsoft Windows 10. I know I am am not the only one who feels like this.

Im preparation I have been moving more and more to Linux. 
I have Fedora for dev work and future features of Red Hat.

I run Red hat for production / work.

I run Ubuntu for fun and ease of use.

0 Kudos
colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you not have concerns about privacy? Windows 10 is free because you give away your data.

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm on the fence until I see factual official specifications.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
quadrifoglio
Adept I
Adept I

Yes, I'm very sensible to privacy (btw, I'm a programmer, more than 20 years of experience).

Do you know about this settings ?

feddback & diagnostics Capture.PNGbasic data collected Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
ambrose
Challenger
Challenger

Hello Everyone,

Seeing how this is a user to user forum I hope the same people and all the people on Windows 7 voice their opinion on AMD's facebook page, etc. Microsoft won't be satisfied until they have complete monopoly on every PC system in the world, and for what, so they can make everyone a bunch of sheep, and distribute their advertizing wears to us.

I think AMD should partner with the Linux and open source crowd and really create something microsoft would have to contend with. As the old line in a movie once said, " Build It And They Will Come "

Microsoft, what a bunch of Bone-Heads

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

The thought of using Facebook to protest about Microsoft Windows 10 Privacy Issues to stop  turning people into sheep made me laugh so much I almost fell off my chair. You made my day. Thanks ;-). 

0 Kudos
ambrose
Challenger
Challenger

Hey Cole,

LOL!!! Actually nice to read some Joking around is not too Bland for some people, nice catch. heheheheh However I still urge people to voice their concerns to AMD via their favorite way.

Cheers Cole and have a good one.

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

Windows 10 is not for me.

I have Machine running Windows 8.1. for now.

I have used Microsoft OS for many years, and spent lots on their products.

I am actually unhappy to have to take this decision to move to Linux full time.
It will be additional effort I can do without.

Here are a few problems I saw with Windows 10 when I looked at moving to it. Perhaps things have changed recently.

(1). Yes I know about those privacy settings. I have had cases in past where I turn them all off, an update is run, I reboot and log in.

I found they are all back on again. That's just one example. It has happened more than once. It has happened on more than one machine.

You have to turn each option off individually again if it does happen. It is a pain.

(2). In terms of having privacy concerns of storing or backing data "in the cloud", and what is in telemetry data, what can it be used for, why is it so valuable?

I think there have been plenty of reports of data security & hacking concerns/issues on this general subject in many reports and articles from many different sources.
     Who knows what can happen if you store you data to the cloud, even when sending it encrypted over the internet, for example.

(3). In terms of control, even in Windows 8.1 the "Upgrade to Windows 10" was constanly downloaded to my Windows 8.1 machine.

On one of those cases I actually found my Windows 8.1 machine starting the Windows 10 upgrade process without my authorization.
     I managed to stop it in time. On previous versions of Windows, I had the choice, if I wanted to, to turn off automatic updates completely I could do that.

That ability is very important, especially if there is a software bug in a patch.

In Windows 10 I can only "defer" or choose when upgrades go on. Not choose what goes on, as far as I know.

You can look up the above issues on the internet if you wish. You should be able to find articles on the problems I describe, from what look like

a number of reputable technical sources such as on line PC Magazine articles etc.

Perhaps moving full time 24/7 to Linux will be hell and likely  it has it's own privacy and security issues.

I personally have had enough with Windows 10 unless things change/improve.
I do have one machine with Windows 10 for DX12 testing but that's all it will be used for.

I have made my Request that Ryzen support Windows 7.

I have stated my reasons based on my honest opinion.

I have nothing else to say on this topic or thread.