cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

supervargen
Challenger
Challenger

Re: Do you use Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1??

Works ok for me.
Try change some options in Radeon settings. See what happens.

0 Kudos
the_doctor
Adept I
Adept I

Intel i7 - 3820 3.60GHz

16 gig of RAM

Windows 10 64 bit

Radeon HD 7900

---------------------------------------------------------

I've seen on the forums that others have been having the issue since driver 17.2.1 apparently.  Check this forum link out for example -

Weird discoloration in Command & Conquer 3 since driver 17.2.1

This guy's posted pictures up.

xeardry
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Im using 18.1.1 Adrenalin in a RX 480, no problem at all

Also my old problem disappeared (inside link, full pc spec)

RX 480 8G - Adrenalin Drivers 17.12.1 - 100% GPU & Clock activity in idle, with lower temp

Now i can record using ReLive in demanding games like silk

0 Kudos
whiskey-foxtrot
Forerunner
Forerunner

Had the same issues (same game too ajlueke​) on my RX Vega's. I tried everything I could and finally started looking into processes and noticed this one:

why-relive.png

I noticed this specific process randomly shooting way up consuming processes out of control. Simply turning off ReLive didn't make much of a difference, so I reinstalled (after DDU etc etc) without ReLive and my system worked great again. Enabled ReLive to test and bam! That process started acting up again.

I finally killed it, manually deleted it and haven't had issues since. It's a shame, I do like using ReLive for quick/short recordings etc, but rather do without if it's going to cause issues on my system..

pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't know what you read in Windows about fast boots and I certainly can't explain why they say what they say. I didn't write it nor was I asked. I can tell you that there is obviously a difference between the the two or you wouldn't have two options, and how it makes it faster is by using previously cached data instead of reading it back in fresh because that takes longer. So glad to here things are working better for you. Did you look into that other thread I linked to? Maybe it will help more?

When you say you don't have overlays. Are you not using any gaming services like Origin or Steam? Or are you saying yes you have gone in and disabled the overlays in those services? Because if you have a program like that the overlays are on by default. You have to go in and disable them. Some allow you to disable by the individual game and/or as a global default.

Also did you ever change your power setting to +50 or whatever the max is for your card?

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you mean 'Fast Startup' (not fast boot )?

This is worth a read (and maybe why it should be turned off for some), www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry if I didn't use MS exact "lingo" but yes a startup is a boot! One and the same thing. Good article though. I don't really need to read it as it reads exactly as I have already implied and know it to work (at least if all goes well, and often it does not). Maybe you meant for the OP to read this article? Not sure because it was replied to me... Thanks for the great info though I'm sure it says it better than I could of, off the cuff in a forum post. In the spirit of sharing, most of the old it guys I know, call startups, a boot, because that's what every OS even MS used to call it and most still do, either cold or warm boot. MS changed terminology back with Windows 95 to support their "Start" campaign. They also have been toying with many different forms of hybrids over the years. Windows 10 setup though is the first that defaults all computers to treating them like they are laptops. On laptops this hybrid boot typically works well as the manufacturers typically make sure that hybrid boots, sleep and sleep recovery work well and play nice with the OS. On desktops, especially DIY systems do to so many different hardware variables these setting often don't work as intended.  So definitely beneficial to disable on some systems and quick and easy thing to try that can be reversed just as easily when trouble shooting a problem. So while it is certainly labeled startup in the options in Windows 10 I'm not the only one calling it boot. So thanks for correcting me as maybe others don't know what a boot is and will now be able to find the setting I was referring to easier.  A quick google search will garner plenty of support that a startup and boot are used interchangeably. You seem like you give people some really great advice here, it surprises me you didn't already know they were the same thing, but guess not. But hey I've been married forever it seems and my wife feels the need to correct most everything I say, so I get it. See this result is from another site explaining Fast Startup to get Windows 10 to "BOOT" up faster, very similar info to what you already linked to. lifehacker

colesdav
Esteemed Contributor III

At the moment, when trying to get  AMDGPU-PRO drivers to work with the Vulkan SDK on Ubuntu 16.04LTS after multiple attempts, I definitely Boot rather than Start up.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

True dat!

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

Not aimed at anyone in particular, I relate the term 'fast boot' to the bios option to speed up 'post' v "fast startup' option in OS settings function.

You being first to mention 'fast boot' is the only reason I replied to you .

Anyway, I put the info up in case others are unsure, as 'fast startup' can cause issues for some.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos