cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

supervargen
Challenger

Adrenalin 18.1.1 Driver Feedback Thread

If so, How’s That Driver Working For You?

Problems?

All good?

Tell us plz.

I'm still on 17.10.2

Message was edited by: Matt B

This discussion does not belong to the Drivers & Support space, so it has been moved to General Discussion. If you would like to report an issue, please provide your feedback via the AMD Issue Reporting Form. If you have an issue and are looking for Community Support, use the "Search" facility to see if your issue is already being discussed and join that thread. If the issue is not being discussed, feel free to open a new thread.

41 Replies

Re: Do you use Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1??

No problem on my end.

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Things are much better with this driver. I have been using it since it was posted in the forums a few weeks ago. IMHO this is the most solid, stable driver we have had since before March of last year. I would not be scared to use this one. I highly recommend a clean install and using the +50 power in wattman.

0 Kudos
ebojager
Adept II

Thanks for that, I too have been wanting to update my 17.5.2 driver. Why do you say the +50 power? My card maxes out at +20, not sure if its my powersupply/drivers (but all have the same limit) or the XFX model, but It will usually Blue Screen, at +20, so I keep at +15. Not sure why everyone else's goes to +50

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

Each card is different per the manufacturer. Usually it's either +20 or +50.

ageh
Journeyman III

Im having problems w the new adrenaline driver because every game crashes everytime when i launch it... i had to downgrade my driver and that was annoying...

noodles59
Miniboss

The only problem I faced was ReLive not working after the 18.1.1 update - I had to do a clean driver install to get ReLive back in working order!

Other than that this driver is working nicely....

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Just installed it this morning. Tested DX9 issue on i7-4790K + R9 Nano with the Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition. That is fixed.
I assume all the other issues I had with 17.12.2 and 17.12.1 are still there as nothing in the release notes about fixing any of them.
If I have any more positive things to report I will let you know.
Cheers.

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

OK ... some positive news.

It looks like this 18.1.1 is the most stable version of Adrenalin Driver for DX11 so far.

I have been able to complete multiple 3DMark Firestrike on Dual and Triple R9 Nanos at stock GPU clocks on i7-4790K with my normal CPU boost clocks still running. 3D Mark Firestrike was freezing early in Firestrike Graphics Test 2 with 17.12.1 and 17.12.2 previously on this system. I ran the driver on on Windows 10 64 bit Fall Edition patched on Tuesday. I tested Firestrike on 17.12.2 before I updated to 18.1.1 using custom clean install. 17.12.2 was still freezing up. No DDU involved in this upgrade, which is also good.

The 3DMark score is still lower than I can achieve running with Windows 8.1 64bit and 17.4.4 WHQL drivers, but at least the freezing is fixed.

Bye.

handsomefox
Adept II

I dont use any adrenalin driver since they give me stutters everywhere, the 17.11.14 is the latest one without them, using RX 560 by Gigabyte + Win10 64bit. Tried clean install on 18.1.1 too.

0 Kudos