Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: 720p50 3500kbps twitch.tv OBS

I don't know what to do!

I have R5-2400G + Asus RX580 Dual (4Gb).

I've set my OBS settings as on the screenshot and in Apex (low), overwatch (low) there is a slideshow in every 10 secs. Besides i noticed that my bitrate sometimes goes up to 12-18k despite 4800 target bitrate in OBS

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

hi saldena‌,
1. do you stream via WiFi? - dont do that - ALWAYS LAN // also maybe enable "
2. did you also set custom buffer size? - if not it could go up to 10MBit/s
3. did you considered using your integrated iGPU of your Ryzen 5 2400G to handle the streaming and the dGPU RX580 only for gaming?
you could set this in the "Video Adapter" tab

have in mind: you need fast DualChannel-Ram (like 2x 8GB of DDR4-3000 CL14 or CL16)
if using your iGPU of 2400G you should also enable "OpenCL Transfer"

also: you could use NotCPUCores to force your games to run on your 4 physical cores and OBS on 1 SMT core and all other processes on the remaining 3 SMT cores. (but this is only usefull for older games - not Apex and also not Overwatch)

also have in mind that Overwatch is pretty hard to stream with low-bitrate - as it is very high motion with lots of small particles..

PLEASE provide me a screen of your Advanced Tab of OBS
it should look like this:
pastedImage_2.png

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

1. always LAN only.

2. yup. Changed to manual. Set VBV Buf Size to 600 and fullness to 40

3. Yes. Already tried to encode via iGPU week ago with similar settings. Similar but not these. There was a slideshow also.

Already changed priority to Above Normal - haven't noticed any differences

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

Will try again with iGPU and CL Transfer.

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

hey saldena

for normal 720p60 you should use 4800kbps bitrate and 1600kb buffer (not just 600kb) - this will increase quality

use "Coding Type" "AUTO" // CABAC is higher load on encoder
enable "PrePassMode"

Have in mind - if you want to play game in "ULTRA" or "SUPA DUPA HIGH" then AMD AMF doesnt get enough bandwidth - so LOWER ingame settings
Quality Preset "Quality" is HIGH LOAD on encoder! use "Balanced" instead
Profile "High" is HIGH LOAD - you should try "main" or "baseline"

do you have a second screen so you can monitor your CPU while you stream?

use THIS settings:
pastedImage_1.png

in "Video Adapter" you choose your iGPU of your APU

also: what RAM do you have - 16GB or 8GB? DualChannel (so 4 or 2 Dimms instead of 1)? What RAM speeds? what latency?

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Hi!

I try to stream 720@48

Tried to stream Apex in low yesterday with iGPU and GPU. Apex settings are as low as they could be. Radeon Boost set to 83%.

Both modes have ~40-50 fps and rendering lag ~5-6% / ~0.5% for encoding lag.. In this case i haven't noticed any changes BUT when i choose GPU instead of iGPU (+CL transfer as you proposed) - the game runs muuuuuuch smoother.

Yes, i have 2nd screen.

RAM - Dual 16GB DDR4 @2666, 16-18-18-35

As for the "supa dupa" - ingame graphics settings are not a question. I'd like to stream the game with comfortable fps and low lags no matter graphic settings it has.   

p.s. at the same time R6 Siege runs perfectly with high graphics settings and basic h264 encoder.

Upd - tried to change obs settings as you recommended, increased bitrate and buffer size - render and coding lags gone, but here you can see what i was talking about: first game (02:00 - 08:00) was on iGPU and the second (10:00 - 15:00) on GPU. Actually there wasn't any difference except that there are no ingame fps drops via GPU (Compare 7th and 15th mins). When you run or fly - you can handle with it. But on 7th (especially on 7th with iGPU) and 15th minutes (both in battle) smoothness dissappears and it becomes very uncomfortable to play. 

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

hi

i figured out that AMD AMF works best with 720p50 (PAL) and not 720p48 (2x 24fps)

in min 7 - when you die (short before HE) - there is LOTS of CPU-load!
this will of course affect your stream

go to github and NotCPUCores by rcmaehl; there is a link to his/her discord; you will find the latest BETA of NotCPUCores

watch: how to use NotCPUCores - YouTube 

set NotCPUCores to use Allocation Mode "custom" && custom Assignment: "1,3,5,7" OR "1,2,3,4,5,7" && Process Priority "normal" && on "STREAM" tab you choose "OBS"; Allocation Mode "custom"; Custom Assignment "6,8" or "6" or "8" (i think one SMT core should be enough for OBS); Priority "above normal" && Assign Other Processes "Remaining Cores"

i am 80% sure that this isnt working with Apex (but i cant check that myself as i dont own the game) - but i heard problems with core assignment with that game

it is possible that your RAM is to slow // if i find time i could test if i get the same error when using my 2400G with DDR4-3200CL14 in DualChannnel
you can try to OC it to DDR4-3000 CL 16-18-18-36 (1.4V is safe - 1.45V needs heatsinks on ram (max would be around 1.6V with heatsinks and a fan blowing on it))

also please double check if your ram is running in DualChannel-Mode (CPU-Z can do that for you)

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hey benman2785

which Settings can you recommend for twitch in 720p or 864p @60fps ? over cpu

my System:

Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4GHz
G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4 3000 DIMM CL16-18-18-38
Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Red Devil

i use streamlabs and got a stable 11mbps upload.

I would be really happy about your help, I spent days landing here

Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

kev2021
i dont use streamlabs - is it possible to set custom x264 settings?
also do you stream on twitch or yt?
ps - with your Ryzen 5 2600 you could assign 6 physical cores to game and 4 SMT cores to Streamlabs // the remaining 2 SMT cores for all other processes
have in mind - your RX5700XT is good for streaming 1080p60 with "high motion quality boost" at 7500kbps with 1875kb custom buffer (but only on YT or YTGaming)

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi benman2785 

I am streaming on Twitch, COD Warzone, what did you believe is best options 900p60 / 1080p60? My stream is very pixelated!

My channel

My system:

Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.2Ghz

Corsair Vengeance PRO 2x8 3000Mhz

MSI RX5700 Gaming X

ZBS1R3F.jpg

Obs config

V24CIWR.jpg

Please help me.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hey, thanks for the quick reply and sorry for my late reply. i stream on twitch but i'm not a partner or anything. I am currently using the following settings, which I got from your YouTube channel. Yes in streamlabs, custom parameters can also set all other settings that you have recommended to others.

My current settings for 720p 60fps:

78514A61-02C0-4C79-AFFA-687E3EF8F4B7.jpeg