cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mer
Journeyman III

2nd opinions on my first build. Is it a good choice of hardware?

Dear all.

firstly I am not a tech guy or anything of that sorts, so I am here seeking advice, help, etc.

This would be the first computer I ever build, below a list of the components I'm planning to order, please let me know if I could do better keeping the price about the same.

MOBO: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming ($ 156.90)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x ($ 358.80)

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw's V DDR4 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16. ($ 154.65) - Will later add more RAM to make it 32GB.

GPU: MSI Radeon RX580 Armor OC - 8GB ($ 268.90) - or a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC 4 GB, this would save me decent money if it can work for this build.

SSD: Samsung 979 EVO NVMe M.2 - 250GB (85.90) - I have external drives to use as storage until I can get 1 or 2 TB SSD.

PSU: Corsair Vengeance Series 650M-650W ($ 79.80)

Case: LC Power Gaming - Solar Flare ($ 64.30)

Total price: $ 1,169.25

I should also state that I don't play games on PC, I want this machine for video editing and this is what I could come up with for the budget I have. I really would appreciate the input from others with experience in building PC, I think I did my research, but a big problem is the contradictions from one forum to the other on the compatibility of the components and also the "tech language" that I do not understand.  

Thanks in advanced.

0 Likes
11 Replies