cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - Thoughts?

Hey, Red Team!

Been a minute since I've made a fun post around here (not that contests aren't fun), and I'm excited to chat about a game I've been playing off and on since its release back in 2004.

World of Warcraft! 

dragonflight.jpg

Last week, the latest expansion for WoW came out called Dragonflight, and I've been thoroughly enjoying my time so far. I've been playing a druid and hit 70 within 2-3 days (the leveling is so quick in this expansion). I'm currently resto so I've been doing everything from PVPing and Mythic dungeons to leveling my professions (herbalism/mining for that sweet auction gold, hehe), and seriously loving the dragon riding.

The zones have been a breath of fresh air for me as I tend to enjoy leveling in bright and open areas and not dark, moody, and depressing (looking at you Revendreth). So far, my favorite area has been the Azure Span. I just really enjoy the scenery and the snow/ice. 

I'm not 100% sure if I'll try raiding when it comes out, but I usually give them a shot every expansion just to get a taste of the latest content.

If anyone else has been playing, what's your experience been like so far? If you want to connect, feel free to DM me your account name or share it here if you'd like for others who may want to join in on the fun too!

3 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

I was a huge WoW fan, joining during BC and playing it daily during University and really it was one of the catalysts in @AFKG-Curtis and I's friendship.

However, life started to get in the way and I left WoW during the MoP expansion. I completely skipped WoD but did come back for a brief stint in Legion for about a month. 

Since then I haven't touched WoW, and didn't experience BoA or Shadowlands. Nor have I played any WoW Classic, which I know brought so many people back. Nothing has really interested me in returning to WoW... 

Until Dragonflight, not from their marketing nor Blizzard offers to re-activate my account, but from the experiences and descriptions that friends are making of it. So many people are very excited to return to WoW during this expansion. I know I might be looking at things through nostalgia, but WoLK was probably the next expansion WoW has had - and many believe that Dragonflight is returning to moments of WoW's prime.

I'd love to hear more about other people's opinions. Also, if anyone happens to play a Prot-Warrior, let me know how it is. #MainTank4Lyfe!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

WOTLK was my absolute favorite expansion. Probably the most memorable in terms of accomplishments in raiding and just having fun with friends in my early college years. Then MoP was right behind it in terms of enjoyment.

We'll see what DF has to offer in the coming months, but so far, I've been having a good time with it!

DrDikimbe
Adept II

The ambience in the zones is great, and it feels fun to play currently. Im hoping that continues as the gear grind gets completed. I do love the ability to just level up another class and not feel like your gatekept from other forms of content (and you can be whatever spec you want!)