cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

What Software can't you live without?

Let's say you've built your first computer/updated your current computer/bought a new computer. You've been through your first boot and life is good!

Before you start installing your favourite games, what is some software that you highly recommend people install that will either:

1) Improve overall Quality of Life

2) Improve overall Performance

3) Does something pretty Cool or Fantastic

The one rule is that the software must be free to download for everyone.

Here are some that I know of to get things going:

Quality of Life - TechPowerUp GPU-Z | Have you wanted to know everything there is to know about the GPU you are running, including some information you might not have known before? This is it!

Performance - Unigine Heaven Benchmark | This is mainly for the people who are tinkering with OCs or want the absolute most out of their systems. This is how you can test where you stand!

Cool or Fantastic - OBS Studio | A lot of people think this is just for streaming, but honestly it is for so much more! Screen Recording, Game Capture, Streaming and more. It is a very smart software that can take a lot of the guesswork out for you.

So what do you recommend? Anything that you use to maybe help level your microphone if you're a streamer, streamline your PC if you're a gamer, change the visuals of your desktop? etc... Drop them in a reply below! What you might think is just another program, might be an amazing find for someone else!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
1 Solution

Love this thread! I think everyone's covered the recommendations I'd suggest personally. Also seeing a lot of software I wasn't aware of, and am looking forward to checking out - thanks for the suggestions y'all. 😁

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

View solution in original post

29 Replies