cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Key-J
Challenger

Re: VR - yay or nay?

You should totally take a look to see if there are any VR arcades in your area @Ashley_AMD . That's actually how I first ever played VR and what got me excited enough to play it lots before buying my own set.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Sat at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
dj4aces
Adept I

I can't do VR at this time, but I do plan on getting into it sometime in the near future. So... yay?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
gypsydangr
Journeyman III

I love VR. My only issue with it is the cost. I don't want to just get the cheapest out there but the good ones are very expensive. The other problem is content, there are some good games out there, but far too few to justify the cost.

DarkAmethyst
Adept I

Absolutely a yay. My issue, like many people's, is probably the cost but I managed to snag a Windows Mixed Reality headset (Dell Visor) nice and cheap off eBay~ Did have to get the 2nd controller shipped from overseas to complete it. Absolutely love it for driving games though, ETS2 & ATS, Assetto Corsa for example. Did grab Skyrim VR on sale not long ago, and while not played it too much have been enjoying it.

Desktop: i7-4770, 16GB DDR3, ASRock Z87 Pro4 and :sparkles:XFX Radeon RX480 8GB:sparkles:
Laptop: Acer Swift 3 (Ryzen 4500U, 8GB RAM, 1TB SSD) in ~purple~
0 Likes
eccentric
Elite

VR of that quality a samsung or xiaomi or other mobile phone of the last several years could manage it im guessing..

try configuring your device to actually use the snapdragon AMD adreno GPU graphics in there  (only sold in china and USA and tiny areas of UAE possibly?)

you can do so with a config.ini text file and type in the words how they did in dos.. works linux windows all versions since 3.11 and android and everything. i think every OS needs a config file to boot from a floppy for dos or for the OS to load it tells the display what graphics to use and other things. or how to set the memory allocation or soundcard hardware and so on.

plug in via type C thunderbolt or hdmi for the phone adaptor and give it a try.. i can game super awesome my LG V60.. but i dont own a vr headset to test it.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kwym8m4h4pbuu/Documents

0 Likes
Snobb88
Adept I

I don't like VR.  I need a keyboard mouse or a gamepad. I don't want to put on a helmet whit 2 controllers on my hands

0 Likes
venaur
Adept II

A bit of both. I would love to see it evolve more and continue to grow. 

0 Likes