cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Duh_buhl
Adept I

Ryzen 3000 Series Gaming

Today mark 1 year exactly of me ditching PBO and the EDC bug for a 4.4Ghz all core @1.35v. Curious if you guys run all core, CCX or PBO while gaming? 

PS. If you try for a 4.4 all core, it gets unstable on my 280mm AIO if my room temp goes above 70F so I keep it at 68F max.

2 Replies
Olemissrebel
Adept II

I recently went from a 3900x to a 5900x. I had used 16gb g.skill 3800mhz 14cl memory and also changed that to a dual rank 32gb kit of the same memory when I switched out the cpu. I have gotten okay with/really comfortable with memory oc, but have left PBO on for both series and have not yet embarked on overclocking my cpu as of yet. Hopefully, I'll get some time and can play with that soon. If you know of any good resources, I'm all ears. I do have the ryzen calculator, but haven't read up on it or used it yet. Cheers to your all core 4.4!

As far as an all core goes sometimes it's as easy as setting voltage and the core speed and restarting. Other time you may have to disable or enable things to get stable. All I had to do was disable PSS and set LLC in to level 4 on my ROG Strix board. I also run 3800 14-14-14-28-42-280 16G though. If you ever need quick help with overclocking, the AMD pc builders community page on Facebook is really great. Good mods and no trolls.