Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Question for you about your Rig...

Hey everyone, 

Our social team recently posted this question, and I thought it would be great to hear y'alls answers to this.

What is your favorite thing about your current rig or setup?

giphy.gif

(Spoiler - I have an exciting personal PC update I'll be sharing with you all this week. Stay tuned) 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
10 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

For me, probably that it has been a labour of love. I picked the components, built it myself, clean it, upgrade it and it keeps running.

Nothing in it stands out more than anything else...

Well maybe my DVD-Rom which has been disconnected from the PC itself, but I still have it in the case since I lost the front plate for the slide where it goes 😛

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

I've built many computers, from the dirt white, beige, fridge looking color with a turbo button or a security key, to a motherboard in a drawer with flat IDE cables to todays sleek tempered glass showing all the rainbow RGB puke you can muster.

I believe its the work/dedication you put in. So in a way, its just what Key-J said.

Although I must say, todays computers tend to be more visual than ever. Like an expression of yourself.

So I've built mine not to be a top performer, but more like a gentleman, it will stand out in a perfect combination of 100% RoG parts and it treats me well. I understand that there are cheaper parts than RoG but for me and now, this is what I want.

The perfect combo, specially when I can get my hands on a RoG Strix 6750XT.

The Englishman
vialli100
Forerunner

Everything about it..

It has changed a lot over the past 2 years, new case, mobo, cpu, gpu etc.....

All AMD (ATI) as it's been for years and years..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Once I create a computer build, I generally leave it alone unless something breaks or there is a good reason to upgrade a component, like putting the OS on an SSD if it was previously on an HDD.  Each system has its own personality and I hate to tear down something I put many hours into building.  Therefore, I go and build another computer when the mood strikes me.  Of course, this leads to an excess of computers around our house.  Oh well.  It is what it is.

Two complete gaming computers in one printer chassis.  It was back when we used CRT monitors.Two complete gaming computers in one printer chassis. It was back when we used CRT monitors.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
jamesc359
Forerunner

My favorite thing about my computer is that it exists. That may sound strange, but the reality is that I spent quite a bit of time and put a lot of effort in acquiring the parts to build it. It wasn't easy and it's certainly not the fastest, but it's mine, it runs and so far has served me really well.

grklol
Journeyman III

It’s definitely the fact that I built it, granted the parts are assembled at the manufacturer, but it came in pieces, I put it together, and I watched it come to life.

red5
Miniboss

Since I have multiple rigs, I'll just mention this one I built using an Alienware case from 2006.  I always loved these Alienware cases that drew inspiration from the work of HR Giger in the Alien movie franchise.  I have another identical case that I'm building another system in currently, but this one was the first.IMG_0572.JPG

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
Anonymous
Not applicable

RGB of course, but yeah i got the samsung Bdie RAM at a low price point online after it used to be crazy high and its hardly gone down much since. I got a coolermaster HP500 mastercase with all tempered glass all around.. its cool but super heavy why cant the use the hair thin acryllic glass blend double rollered ones? Also its type C port is retarded, why cant the mainboard just have a type C port and use a type C cable to the port for the front panel? in fact i think a heap of stuff on mainboards could be changed to be more type C like.. hah i wonder if even a pci express slot could look more like some row of Type C?

i just wish more things were easier to plug in and hate that i bought a dumb wifi chip to slot into the board with near invisibly tiny metal contacts to solder antenna wire to or somehow will them to stick there glue wasnt working for me though i didnt bury it and spider web it in hot glue gun but if i did the wires would totally move off the contacts! 

but the best thing of all is i've got it connected to a proper HDR TV.. samsung neo QLED TV 2000nits of HDR you can get one cheap for about $1000 AUD now i guess? maybe $1500 new? when i was shopping was lucky for $2000 it was stickered $2800. 

my AMD graphics card can infinityxsupersamplingx1000,000,000xFF++++++ and infinityxtessellationx64x1000,000,000xFF ++++++ and i can fulltracedlightpathways, if i want even light diffusion, but i prefer just differed lighting and deffered materials cache and infinity reality rendering simulation with all 3 types of ray tracing i know of at once enabled the better ray marching and the better ray casting or the traditional ancient ray tracing .. the modern ray casting from the 70's looks best as its the newest.. using VXR and DXR and turning on CAS and enhancing the colour to be super life like. white balance, gain.. i can control all aspects of the creation of a new reality.. at about 100fps. thousands of times the graphics quality in octillions of render resolution and TRUE audio.. better than real life audio.. (its that audiophile thing where it sounds more beautiful than possible in reality) yep instantaneous is a word you can type in and have it work! so the most important parts of my RIG are the bdie RAM and my ryzen 5700G and radeon 5700XT. but my phone seems to game just as well and reality simulate too .. well playstation 3 had atmosphericquality rendering. the 2 maybe was close to that? 

so yeah. the AMD parts and samsung parts are the best things ever! i love how samsung invented the nvme and ssd and how they are making like 70% of all flash storage like RAM/SSD/NVME and that their stuff is worth actual cash money along with AMD and a handful of other companies.. not like some certain other companies.

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I love everything about my current build. It's my personal dream build. Coming from a 2600 and 10603GB to a 3700x and 3060 Ti(Then 6800 XT upgrade) has been amazing. When I finally add the 5800X3D, that'll be the complete icing on the cake and will hold me over for another 4, 5 years. Been going strong since '20.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
tredeuce
Adept III

The case. It is probably the first time I spent extra to get the case I wanted instead of what was cheapest that fit all of the parts. Usually if there is a budget, the case is where I would cut a corner. Now I actually like looking at my case. I know it is what on the inside that counts, but I am sure my parts enjoy the comfort and space.