cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

tymkoijn1
Elite

MSI B350M Gaming Pro Motherboard Issues.

Although I am sure most of the Community is competent as to what to do and what not to do; I do know that some customers come here when having issues with there computers and some may be coming here for issues with this motherboard. As a notice, I would like to make this post so that memebers are aware of this. The MSI B350M gaming Pro motherboard has had some issues lately with thermals on the CPU. The current Bios Version that is avalable I am currently testing out but the Bios version 7A39v2C changes the default cpu voltage to 1.3v and does not allow for voltages below that.  this may present issues with the cooling of your Ryzen cpus. 7A39v29 works well with Ryzen 7 1700 as that is what I have. Currently testing out the 7A39v2E which does allow for voltages below 1.3  though I have not seen very much success with returning to my pervious temps. currently waiting to have money to be able to buy a nother mobo and cooler to double check my testing.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If i get it well, your rig is overheating much more with the last iteration of the MSI bios than the previous ones?
I mean the motherboard bios is feeding much more voltage on the cpu even at stock with basic VID?
Did you clear the CMOS of the bios after flashing the bios, maybe some old settings get stuck when applying the new bios?

0 Likes

yes i did. voltage was stuck at 1.3 and would not go lower. It would allow you to up it but not lower it below that point. I had found it is very common. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.

Did you tried to contact or mail the MSI support about?
Just in case, because lurking around for some screens, with the previous version of the bios the stock v-core could go lower than 1.3v.

0 Likes

yes it seems to be a known issue with the bios version MSI hasnt gotten back to me on it but from seaching the forums I did find it was a common issue

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Did you checked if any new bios came out?
Did you checked in the Ryzen Master tool under windows, if you could bring back the vcore under 1.3v?
Other than that you could mail the MSI support again, as well the AMD support in a joint mail.
Explaining carefully the issue with the different version of the bios, and some other example case as yours.

0 Likes